V

"What's taking them so long?" Pete asked me, we were waiting for Fae and Micah to come back.

It was already dark, and she texted me two hours ago. Her phone went silent afterward. Micah called to say he was on his way.

My thoughts were interrupted when we heard a car pull up. Pete headed straight for the door. Micah runs over to him, he smelt like fear and pain.

"She told me to run, to leave her" he started saying. My wolf begins to feel restless. It didn't like that she was left, under orders from us.

"Where is she?" I asked he looked over at me.

"The town we went too, but you can't go," he said, I stalked closer towards him. Pete growled at me, I growled louder back.

"If she captures you then she will be more powerful, all we can do it wait and pray she's going to be ok," he said leaning into Pete.

"He needs rest," I said, Pete, nodded before helping his mate up and to a room.

All I could feel was stupidity for letting her into our business. Fae and Wolves don't mix and now she was in trouble because of her.

If there was a God out there listening, protect that Fae.

***

"I shouldn't have run," I said to Pete,

"Stop, she told you that it might come to this," he said coming closer towards me.

"She has to make sure you were safe," he said pulling me towards the bed.

"At what cost Pete?" I said to him,

"If you had died, I don't know what would have happened to me" he whispered before falling asleep.

I closed my eyes, thinking about Nora hoping that I'll end up in her dreams. I felt myself in an open space of pure darkness. I started looking for something when I felt something watching me in the shadows.

I started traveling the other dreams until finally, I was standing in front of the building. I made my way to where Nora was.

"You shouldn't have come," she said,

"I didn't even think it would work," I said moving closer towards her,

"Are you ok?" I asked her sitting on the ground beside her. She smiled, she was different. She had let go of her image and I finally saw how she truly felt. Weak and tired, but still dangerous. She was waiting for the right opportunity.

"We're coming to get you," I said, her eyes snapped to mines, I saw her eyes change along with her appearance.

"No, you will let me be," She said,

"You got another thing coming if that's what your thinking," I said to her, grabbing her hand.

"You are my friend, best friend and I will make sure you are safe and home," I said, my words must have hit her because she switched to her normal self.

"Give me 5 days, I will find a way out," she said, looking determined. She started to become foggy meaning she was waking up.

"I will see, be careful," I said, and just like that she was gone and I drifted back to my body. Pete was half asleep, he always could tell when I was truly sleeping and not dream walking. He opened one eye and inhaled me in.

"How is she?" He asked,

"Holding on, she wants 5 days," I said, he was silent for a while

"Alpha says 3" he replies back, kissing my forehead. As he slept all I could think before falling asleep myself.

I hope it's enough