VI

Training with the Alpha left me sore for days. Beta Michael and Gamma Luke both watched as I got my ass handed to me. After the first month, I picked up some of his moves.

I remember the first time, I managed to dodge his hit and return it back. It didn't last because he started changing his moves.

After 4 months, under the Alpha, Beta Michael and Gamma Luke. They finally "allowed" me to train with the other Pack members. I wasn't one of the top but I was in the top 5. I finally started getting respect from the younger men in the Pack. The women still didn't interact that much with me, but I knew they watched when I fought.

Momma bear got use to me visiting the cubs. She didn't accept the food I bought the first few times I visited but eventually she did. The cubs love to play fight, there claws getting sharper and soon they would be able to hunt by themselves.

I had finally started building a home, with the Pack. Michael and Luke, had weekly dinners that I was a part of. The Alpha would join once in a while but he wouldn't stay too long.

I heard him as I was near the door of Luke's home. He was hosting this week, and soon once I became Beta. I would start hosting at my home.

"They will leave the territory soon" I said, waiting for him to walk up.

"Who" he said, I turned to face him. He's a handsome man, but a tired one.

"The cubs that I've been taking care of, you've been following me for a while now Alpha" I said, smiling at him. His eyes cool and emotionless but there was a hint of pride.

"Ah, when you think they are ready. You make the arrangements" he said, knocking on the door.

That dinner wasn't as quiet as the previous one. The Alpha talked for once, I enjoyed being the quiet one. I still didn't know when I would become an official Beta.

"Since your training as progressed, we will be having some other Beta's coming to test you..." Michael said,

"Or train, one can always learn" Luke said, tasing a glass,

"Thank you" I said tasing my glass to all of them.

As I looked out the window at my reflection. I couldn't help but stare at the women I had become. From the little girl who wanted her fathers approval to a Beta in training.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alpha Griffin P.O.V

"She's good, but that's not why I was invited here now was it?" Beta Gab, said to me as we headed to my office.

He sat down across from me, as I sat in my seat. Opening the file I had on Rose, I didn't even have a last name for her. I didn't know anything about her and before I ask her, I needed to make sure she was fit for the Pack.

"Who is she really?" I asked him, he sighed before pulling out a piece of paper.

"She comes from the RidgeWood Pack, her father wanted a son to take over his position. She's the oldest out of two, her brother was born 2 years after. Her father kept her hidden away, didn't acknowledge her in public much. During the Gathering, she ran away. Packed two bags and headed straight for the woods." He said looking at me,

"Her father didn't love her?" I asked him,

"No, he didn't. Next is were the information is scares. She been spotted two states up stealing and breaking into cabins. Then vanished until she shows up at your door" he said, putting the paper back.

"She told us that she shifted when she was 17 and a couple months. That could be why she no longer showed up on cameras. She joined a wolf Pack, for a few years before setting off on her own" I told him,

"That is all possible but you know asking her would be the best option" he said,

"Thank you again, Gab" I said, he walked out of my office.

I took some time collecting my thoughts and finally deciding on how to proceed with her. She will be a great Beta, she has shown so much potential already. However she is wild, it showed in her attacks. Without an anchor, she would be a problem. So I mind linked for her to come into my office.

"Yes, Alpha"

"Take a seat"

"I want to know what happened when you were in the wolf Pack"

"They has become my family, I would gladly have died for them. However I got too attached to a wolf pair. He didn't make the last hunt. So we both left and made sure her pups were healthy and safe"

"What happened to the wolf and her pups?"

"Met a witch who helped me raise them, the pups got big but the mother didn't survive and wolves need Pack. So I started looking for a Pack again"

"Why did you come to this Pack?" I asked her, she looked at me now. Straight into my eyes, not caring that I could force her to submission.

"This Pack is one of the good ones, you care about everyone. You protect and provide no matter what. Your all I wanted in a Alpha when I was young" she said whispering the last part,

"What will be your Beta last name?" I asked her, I could see her mind working to figure a last name.

"Winters, after my mother"

"Beta Rose Winters, after all the training you've gone through anyone would have given you the position. Your ceremony will be later on today" I said, standing up.

"Thank you Alpha"

"Griffin, you should finally address me by my name since we'll be working with each other now" I told her, she smiled before leaving the room.