VII

The Council has annual gatherings that Alphas come to discuss about their Packs and blow some steam off. From what I've heard, since I've never been to any but now that I've officially became a Beta; I'm to show my face at these gatherings.

I had stayed at the Pack House for 6 months while, the Pack and I helped build my home. I wanted it more in the woods, however as a compromise it was only 17.5 yards from the Pack house.

My home is a beauty, wood from all states I had lived in in my past. It held my story, my past, present and future. I made sure that I held a responsibility to patrol along with my duties as a Beta.

The children enjoyed having someone older to play with them. The males helped train me better, while also trying to see who can take me down. The women have accepted me as one of them. I have a role now when it comes to the kitchen, and even made money helping some women make fur coats for themselves and their family.

As I grabbed my bags ready for the journey to see old faces and face my past. I knew he would be there but this time, I'm ready to face him. I sat in the front while Michael and Luke sat behind.

Daniel, sat right behind me, he is to become Gamma once Luke gives up his seat. Daniel has been born in the Pack, but travelled many in search of training and his mate. Daniel hadn't found him but he accepted being the next Gamma.

"We have 3 rooms, Rose you will be by yourself...

"I don't mind sharing with Daniel" I said, looking at the mirror. He grinned while Michael and Luke snickered in the back,

"Aren't you two too old, to be going to these anyway?" Daniel said, I smiled as I looked out the window.

"Hey, we need a break once in a while ok. Not to mention many of our friends will be there" Michael said,

"So it's a vacation?" I asked, which shut them up real quick while the rest of us laughed.

The drive back to my old home, bought back memories that I thought I dealt with. We were greeted by Elder Grant, he grinned when he saw me.

"Ah, I was beginning to wonder why my nephew has been hiding you" he said, kissing my hand.

"Uncle, I told you already she was training but now she the Beta" he said smiling at me.

Alpha Griffin and my relationship has improved since I've become a Beta. We've divide the workload, which made him mush nicer since. He's been out with the Pack more. We even had our own office lunches and dinners once a month.

"Well, that's good to know. I would love to see what you've learned Rose" Elder Grant said,

"So other than the talks, what else happens in Council Gatherings?" I asked Elder Grant as he walked us inside the Pack house,

"We welcome in new members, like yourself; lots of food and friendly matches" he said stopping in front of a door. His eyes held mischief like always,

"Would you be participating in the matches as well Elder Grant?" I asked in my most polite voice, causing him to laugh.

"Depends on who asks" he says,

"You shouldn't egg him on like that" Alpha Griffins tells me as I opened the rooms for all of us.

"He starts it" I said, he chuckles before handing me my bags,

"Your the bigger person, not to mention Elders never fight; they watch and comment afterwards" he says looking at me.

Since we've started the office lunches, I feel his eyes on me more. I never asked why he didn't have a mate, but my wolf likes him. I like him but it's not up to me, it's up to him.