IV

"We have gained huge support in the nearby Kingdoms," the foreign ambassador to the Kingdom said.

"They all want to see a piece of the Kingdom," he said looking towards the King,

My eyes saw a shift in the curtains, this was the first of many since the meeting started. There was someone else in the room.

"We should have a Ball, invite the other Kingdoms," the King said looking pleased that he was gaining allies.

"When should we plan the ball for?" The ambassador asked,

"The beginning of next month, that gives enough time to make sure the Palace is fit for all of its guests. All of our guests can be prepared to enjoy the night" he said, the members were all dismissed.

I sat in my seat, waiting for the room to be cleared out. The King and General were getting ready to leave when they turned to face me.

"Is there a reason why you do not wish to leave the room, Lady Knight?" the king asked me,

"We have guest," I said, as soon as those words left my lips, they came out of the curtains.

"I was waiting for you to acknowledge us," she said, the Red Assassin was one name to be feared among all the lands.

She is as gorgeous as deadly, her information surpasses that of many spies. Mainly because she's the one who handles the information being passed.

The General stood near the King, his weapon at ready. She smiled while motioning her men to be near the windows.

"I mean no harm to the King, I wish to speak to the Dark Knight," she said moving towards me, I looked away at the men she bought.

They were her best killers, I watched them as she stood next to me. I felt her hand on my shoulder as she dropped down to my level.

"I had to make sure the rumors were true," she said,

"I am here am I not," I said looking into her eyes. She hasn't changed a bit all these years. Her age was starting to show but she hides it well.

"Not fully," She told me, I held her hand for a moment closing my eyes.

"Aren't we all?" I answered back, she smiled before rising. Her back faced towards me.

"I apologize for making my entrance not known your Highness. I would also like an invitation to the Ball." She said I stood up walking towards them.

"We will see Red," I said to her, she smirked at me.

"If he had been killed any other way, I would have hunted down every single one of them," she said to me,

"No, you would have seen the aftermath," I told her, she laughed before bowing to the King.

"Ah, yes. Hell would have rained down on whoever hurt the ones we care about" she said looking at me. I stood up holding my arm out.

"Dangerous people shouldn't have something to treasure, because once it's gone..." she said trailing off, I smiled at her.

"I agree," I said, walking towards the windows, looking back at me once more.

They jumped out the windows and rode away. The guards tried to follow but they would never catch them.

"You know the Red Assassin?" The General said,

"I know many people, she is among them," I said, before walking out of the room.

**********************************

"I know we haven't known each other for too long but I don't want to spend the rest of my life without you," I said practicing to the mirror.