Hidden

Its a bright and early morning, I head to my closet picking out something that's nice and light. After I'm done my morning routine, I grab a granola bar and start the walk to my cafe.

I could hear the wind rustle the leaves but I don't think it's just the wind. The walk isn't long, but I felt someone watch me as I made my way to my cafe.

I unlocked the door and went inside. Once the lights were on, the store looked a little different than last night. They were in, here again, those wood nymphs love making my flowers and plants grow bigger than before.

I grab my scissors and start cutting, then I grabbed the paper to cover them with. It took me an hr to fix the "prank" they did.

I turned the sign to open, and grabbed a bucket to put the flowers in outside, to grab more attention.

I looked at the time, it was 8 which meant my usual customers would be here soon. Along with my employees, I started making coffee and getting some breakfast food going. I heard the bell, which meant someone was here.

Micah comes in smiling, that smile has been on his face since he started dating Pete. I watched as he made his way to the back before coming back to the front.

"Morning, Nora," he said, I smiled at him.

"Morning, I got the coffee started, check on the food for me," I asked him, he nodded and went to the kitchen.

That's when the doorbell started ringing, it wasn't that busy but busy none the less. Around 2 was when the lines weren't that busy, a few of my other employees came in a little after the breakfast rush which helped a lot.

I went to take a lunch break when I saw a couple come in. He's a wolf, they didn't like me much since I became their neighbor. The women which I assumed was his mate, had cried a lot. I could still smell the tears, along with her emotions. They hit me as soon as she came into my view, my control over my abilities were good but once in a while I get caught in emotions that are stronger than usual.

"Please, can you find my son," she said handing me a photo of a young boy, along with a shirt.

"It isn't like him to go missing like this," she said moving closer towards me,

"What happened?" I asked her, as I took what she gave me. I inhaled his scent, cataloging it along with his picture.

"He went to a friends house, I told him he had to be home before dark. He always listens to me" she said sighing,

"Once he didn't come home, I called the Alpha," she said but was cut off by a low growl from her husband. That didn't help her with her emotions so I growled back a little louder. She smiled before looking at her mate.

"He doesn't like when I talk to others about his Pack," she said,

"They have been searching for him but they can't find him," she said turning towards me.

"I know who you are, and I'm assuming you have some gifts that can help find my boy," she said grabbing my hand.

"Please, you have to find him," she said with tears rolling down her face,

"I promise to look for him, I can't promise anything else," I told her, she smiled, grabbed me while pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you," she said, her mate helped her up and left the store.

****

"Hey Nora," Pete said, as we were closing up the cafe, Micah came out from the back with a huge grin on his face.

I could see Pete's eye go from kindness to lust while he looked at Micah. Micah slowly walked up to him before leaning over the counter closer to his boyfriend.

"Hey cutie," Micah said, Pete laughed louder than usual. Micah always bought out the happy, content side out in him. They were made for each other, perfectly fit as one.

"Right back at you gorgeous" Pete said, I turned around as they kissed each other. The smile on my face, it's been a while since I've seen love so strong.

That's when I remembered that Pete might know more about this abduction. There could be more who went missing, which could mean trouble for not just the Pack but me as well.

"Pete," I said turning to look at them, he turned to face me. Giving me his full attention but his hand was still touching Micah.

"What do you know about the wolf who went missing?" I asked him, his eyes changed colors. His wolf was coming forward, which caused me to frown.

"Why do you ask?" He said in a neutral tone, Micah looked back and forth between us.

"His mother came in for my help, I just wanted to know what information you have and a heads up so that the Alpha knows," I told him, I waited for him to talk. He could be conversing with his wolf or his Pack.

"Alpha knows, we've been searching but it seems he just vanished," he said stepping a little forward.

"Do you know where by?" I asked him, he looked over at Micah before looking back at me.

"I'm not supposed to say," he said in a lower tone, his Alpha commands, and the Pack follows.

"Of course," I said, smiling at him. Micah must have given him a nudge because I could feel him wanting to tell me.

"Ok, you didn't hear it from me. He was partying with a bunch of humans near the edge of the forest. They all went their separate ways home but he never made it" he said, I knew where he was talking about.

"We caught his trail for a bit before it just vanished, we think it could be a witch or a Fae," he said, the last part slower.

"I haven't felt any new Fae in the area, but then again I'm only a halfie," I told him, he looked over at me. Taking in that piece of information that not many know.

Since I'm half Fae, it means that I have the possibility of having powers and the gift of immortality. There is a chance, not a huge one because it can go either or.

Turns out I was one of the lucky ones, my mother was South Asian. Her family was healers, my father "saved" her but at a cost. She lost her immediate family when she lived with him. In the Other World, Times works differently. She fell for him, he did two or so what my mother told me.

She kept me hidden for as long as she could until he got word that his enemies knew about her. He dropped her off near her home, her brothers and sister were dead but their children lived. They raised me and took care of her until it was time for me to leave.

"I'll keep watch on my end," I told him, he nodded while Micah got ready to leave. I finished cleaning up and watched them leave.

"Alpha doesn't want you to investigate, but if there's a chance of you finding him," he said than stopping,

"I know, good night you two," I said, Micah, smiled waving back.

I closed the cafe up and started my walk to my home. The lights were up and my guard as well. It was a nice night out, I could hear the leaves rustle again.

"Nymphs, come out," I said stopping under a light, the leaves rustled more. I could hear giggles and laughter.

"NOW," I said, using some of my power. They came out one by one, no longer laughing. Nymphs were harmless unless they wanted to be.

I took out the picture of the boy and his shirt, letting them get a good look before talking. I needed them for this to work, and they needed to know this was serious.

"I'm looking for him, he went missing near the edge of the forest. Spread the word" I told them, they looked up at me,

"Find me if you have anything, the wolves are looking but they haven't found anything," I told them, one of them moved forward.

"What do we get?"

"What do you want?" I asked,

"The forest needs magic, your magic to flow through it"

"That's all?" I replied, they looked among themselves,

"That's all we need"

"Of course, you find any information or him. I will give the forest my magic" I said, they smiled before vanishing into the forest.