The Best Night Of All

Wrestlemania had now arrived. The biggest night of Josh and Cassie's careers. Josh, for his Barbed Wire Massacre Universal Title Match, and Cassie, for facing someone she considers a true friend in Tegan Nox. After leaving Issie in the capable hands of Josh's parents, who were watching from back in Miami as they couldn't make it to the show, the happy couple arrived at the stadium and took some time to prepare for their matches while watching the pre-show, which involved Humberto Carillo defeating Lio Rush for the Cruiserweight Championship and Mandy Rose winning the Women's Battle Royal, after turning on her best friend, Sonya Deville and eliminating her to win it.

Cassie: I just have a really good feeling about tonight, dunno why, I just do!

Josh was deep in thought, but just smiled and nodded in approval.

Josh: I bet you do, babe. It's the biggest night of the year!

As Cassie went off to get her hair and make up done for her match, which was the second of the night, after the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal, Josh rummaged around in his suitcase and found the ring box.

Josh: Tonight's the night... The night I ask the woman of my dreams to be mine. Forever...

He then got changed into his trunks, and tucked the ring away in them before meeting up with Leah at catering.

Leah: Hey, stranger!

Josh: Hey, how's things?

Leah: Couldn't be better! Been told that I get to choose a mystery partner to win the Women's Tag Titles tonight from those so called Kabuki Warriors.

Josh: Got anyone in mind?

Leah looked on as Ember caught her eye, and as soon as they caught eyes, Leah knew she had found her partner.

Leah: I'll be right back...

As Leah went to ask Ember for her favour, Josh then felt a hand cover his eyes. The moment he heard a little giggle that he recognised, he knew who it was.

Josh: Hey babe.

Cassie: How did you know it was me?!

Josh: Two reasons! One, I'd recognise that giggle anywhere, and two, I know how your touch feels.

Cassie: Damn it! But that's why I love you so much, you know me so well!

As she took a seat next to Josh, Leah returned with a smile on her face.

Leah: She's agreed!

Josh: That's awesome! I also think that's the first match on the card tonight, so you'd better get a move on!

Ember and Leah then left, leaving Cassie and Josh to themselves for a moment.

Cassie: Ever thought that our paths would lead here?

Josh: Yeah and no... Yeah because they lead me to you, and we're happy together! And no, because I didn't expect to be in this position at this point in my career. I just thought I was gonna be the next Heath Slater, with just a few tag title reigns to my name.

Cassie: And yet, here you are. On the verge of making history.

At that moment, Josh's head shot up with an idea.

Josh: That's it.

Cassie: What is?

Josh: Tonight. Making history. If I'm gonna do it, I wanna make sure I look good doing it!

As Cassie watched with her title in hand, Josh went off towards costume, and pitched his idea to Hunter on the way, who agreed.

After Leah and Ember had successfully won the Women's Tag Team Titles, Lars Sullivan won the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal, Liv Morgan beat Sasha Banks for the Smackdown Women's Championship, and Cedric Alexander defeated both Cesaro and the current champion, Ricochet for the US Title, it was now Cassie's match against Tegan. And what a match it would be. Cassie made her entrance, with her gear in the colours of her country and arriving to the ring in a giant flytrap. She was more motivated than ever to keep her title, and deep down, she was doing this for her man.