The Path Ahead

It was now the night of Elimination Chamber and as Jessica confirmed to social media she and Travis were expecting, she also announced she'd be away from WWE for the rest of the year at the very least. This was music to Josh and Cassie's ears, as this was the first step in Josh's plan to rid Travis of not only the Universal Championship, but also of him and Jessica from their lives. At the Chamber in Las Vegas, Josh, Cassie and Issie arrived to news for both the parents from Hunter.

Hunter: Now listen you two, we are planning something major for the pair of you. We want you to be the power couple of WWE, which is why that tonight, you Josh, thanks to Braun pulling out of the Chamber match due to a knee injury he sustained at a recent live event, will be taking his spot and winning the match. I know how much this will mean to you to get the title shot you deserve.

As Josh looked both surprised and amazed, Cassie then chimed in.

Cassie: So, what about me?

Hunter: Well, for you Cassie, you said you wanted competition for your belt, and tonight, you get it. You'll be taking on Nia and Sasha in a No DQ match for the title.

Cassie smiled as she relished the challenge of facing not only 2 formidable opponents, but also, 2 former champions.

Cassie: Bring it on. I'll prove that tonight, I'm ready for anything.

Hunter: And that's not all. Thanks to the bad blood between you two and Travis, well, let's just say you'll be calling the shots - by deciding the match stipulation.

A wry smile then formed on his face as this was exactly what he wanted.

Josh: Perfect, this is perfect.

Cassie could tell that this was the time for both she and Josh to get revenge on Travis, and Jessica in a way, for everything they did to them.

Hunter: I know what those two did, and I'm giving you the chance to give Josh absolutely everything he needs to get revenge.

Josh simply shook Hunters hand before he and Cassie left. When the door closed, Josh put Issie's carrier on a crate while the two shared a kiss before smiling at each other.

Josh: This is perfect. A chance for us to get revenge on that son of a...

Cassie put a finger on his lips to silence him before hugging him.

Cassie: You do what you need to. I won't stop you, just make sure you put him through hell.

After an hour getting prepped for their matches, and leaving Issie in Leah and Truth's care for the night, it was match time. Cassie's title defence was the second match, after an epic Intercontinental Championship match, which saw Ali win the belt from Shinsuke Nakamura thanks to an amazing springboard 054 after Nakamura missed a Kinshasa knee and went knee first into the turnbuckle. As Ali got backstage, he and Josh embraced as the two were good friends.

Josh: Congrats mate, you deserve it.

Ali: Thanks, bro.

As Ali went off to celebrate, Josh had some last words of wisdom for Cassie before her match.

Josh: Now, Nia and Sasha are no slouches. Both of them former champions, and Sasha has achieved quite a lot. She's been in the Royal Rumble, Hell In A Cell, Money In The Bank, Iron Woman, Last Women Standing... She'll take any chance she gets. As for Nia, she's quite powerful, but also slow, so try and use that to your advantage. Just bear that in mind.

Cassie: I will babe, don't you worry.

They shared a good luck kiss before they went their separate ways. After the entrances were over and done with, both Nia and Sasha went at it following the history the two of them have, leaving Cassie to watch and try and take any opportunity. She got it when Nia flattened Sasha with a Samoan Drop and the Boss rolled out of the ring. While her back was turned, Cassie hit a dropkick to the back of Nia, sending her into the turnbuckle, before the Aussie got a kendo stick and continuously struck the back of her until the stick broke. The Aussie then got a chair and did the same to Sasha, wearing her down until Sasha caught the chair and drove it into Cassie's midsection. Josh watched on nervously in catering as Cassie was now getting double teamed by Nia and Sasha.