A Darker Shade Of Kay

The night of the Royal Rumble had arrived for everyone. One of the biggest events of the year to determine who would face what champion at Wrestlemania. The IIconics, Peyton Royce (Cassie) and Billie Kay (Jessica), were backstage, discussing their strategy for the Women's Rumble match, which was about to get underway.

Cassie: So, we clear on the plan?

Jessica: Yep, basically just go for it and eliminate all those who stand in our way.

Cassie: Yep, I like the sound of that! Anyway, I've gotta go make up, be right back!

As they hugged and Cassie left, Jessica had a wry smile on her face.

Jessica: Oh Cassie... if only you knew what was coming.

Half an hour later...

The match had now got underway, and was awaiting entrant number 13. As the crowd counted down and the buzzer rang, Femme Fetale then hit, and Cassie sprinted to the ring, and she immediately went on the attack, going after Natalya and Ember Moon. Soon after this, Peyton's tag team partner, Jessica made her entrance at number 17. But as the IIconics had a staredown with NXT stars Lacey Evans and Candice LeRae, Jess then swerved, and to the shock of the crowd, basically knocked Cassie out. She then threw her limp body over the rope, eliminating her from her title dreams. Cassie then came to, and all of a sudden, had realised what had happened. Her best friend, of all people, had turned on her. The girl who she went through everything with was no more.

As a dejected Cassandra made her way backstage, she had to do an interview with Kayla Braxton for WWE.com.

Kayla: Peyton... it's obviously been a rough night for you, with your best friend, Billie Kay turning on you and eliminating you from the Women's Royal Rumble match. Do you... have anything to say at this point in time?

Cassie: Well... I just didn't expect it. I mean... me and her have been best friends for so many years, going back to high school. We've been through so much together... and for her to do what she did tonight... well, all I'm gonna say is that it takes one hell of a woman to turn on her best friend... but it takes an even bigger woman to learn from her mistakes. And what Billie did tonight was the biggest mistake of her life, because I will be the one who makes sure that she learns from that mistake and I will be the one who beats the living hell out of her at the next opportunity I get.

Cassie then had a slight look of determination on her face as the interview ended and she marched off, towards her locker room. She quickly gathered up her stuff and headed for an empty locker room, where she could be on her own and think things over. The last thing she needed was her emotions getting the better of her by just being in the same room as her now former best friend. She then spoke to herself as she would rather not let anybody else be burdened by her problems.

Cassie: Why would she do it? After everything we've been through together... high school... graduating at Lance Storm's wrestling academy... signing our NXT contracts... our main roster debut... to this...

She just decided to have a shower and go back to her hotel room, as she couldn't even stand being in the arena anymore. She had to get away from there as quickly as possible. And after a 20 minute Uber ride, she arrived at her own hotel room. Cassie laid back on the bed and tried to go to sleep, but as she was fading, her phone lit up with a text from Ron (Tye Dillinger), her boyfriend.

Ron: Listen... I've been thinking about this for a while now... and since the company are gonna release me, I really dont think we can be together anymore. I'm sorry to have to do this, but... I'm ending it. I don't think me and you will work out. I would call you to talk about it properly, but after what happened tonight, I think it's best I just message you. I'm sorry, Cassie.