Making It Happen

After 2 weeks of trading verbal insults and one upping each other, it was now the night of Summerslam, and the night new champions would be crowned. Akira Tozawa won the Cruiserweight Title from Jack Gallagher, The Usos became Raw Tag Team Champions by beating Ryder and Hawkins, while Matt Riddle kicked off the main show on his main roster debut, and challenged the Beast, Brock Lesnar. It was a match Matt had always wanted, and for good reason, as Riddle somehow managed to pull off the upset victory with the Bro-mission. Then it was time for the first title match on the main show, as Cassie would be defending her belt against Candice LeRae.

Josh: Well, the time has come. Go out there and do me proud babe.

They shared a passionate loving kiss, before Cassie whispered in Josh's ear.

Cassie: I'll do more than make you proud later tonight, baby...

Josh had a look of surprise in his eyes, and smacked Cassie's amazing shaped butt before she headed off to gorilla.

Josh: You are such a tease...

He then went to catering to watch the match, where he caught up with Leah, Jeff, and a returning Matt, who was answering the open challenge of the Intercontinental Champion, Elias.

Josh: Well, well, well. Matt Hardy.

Matt: Hey, Josh, how's it going?

The two shared a bro hug before sitting down and chatting. Before long, conversation switched to both Cassie's match and Josh's match.

Leah: So Josh, word around the locker room is you and Jeff are dropping the titles tonight...

Josh: Yeah, but we have our reasons. For one, Jeff has been battling a knee issue. And also... Me and Cassie have decided to try for a baby.

Both Leah and Matt spat out their water they were drinking in shock.

Leah: Whoa, really?

Josh: Really. Me and her discussed it a few weeks back, and we agreed to drop the belts.

Matt: I may not have been back for long, but I already see why my brother respects you. You're definitely one heck of a guy, Josh.

Josh: Big praise coming from someone like you, Matt.

Leah: Come on guys, Cassie's match is starting...

All of their attention was now on the screen, where the official intros were made. Cassie was burning a hole through Candice, and her intentions were clear from the word go. The moment Candice launched an attack, Cassie threw her to the outside and landed 2 consecutive suicide dives to Candice. After dragging her body back in the ring, Candice then caught Cassie unawares and sent her face first into the turnbuckle. After that, Cassie was in the back foot, constantly kicking out of Candice's pin attempts and making her more frustrated.

Ref: 1... 2...

The latest was a roll up to which Cassie just kicked out of. But then, the Aussie then began to regain control with her kicks and fisherman's suplex, before trying something new. As the match was coming to its conclusion, she used Johnny Gargano's finisher, the slingshot DDT, followed it up with Tommaso Ciampa's Fairytale Ending, then locked in the Gargano Escape. With Candice dead centre in the ring, writhing in pain and nowhere to go, she had to submit. To her own husband's finishing submission.

Greg: Here is your winner, and still the Smackdown Women's Champion, Peyton Royce!

She celebrated with the fans, before Ember then made her presence felt, taunting Cassie with the MITB briefcase she was holding.