This Is Our Moment

4 months later, WWE were preparing the road to Summerslam, and for Josh and Cassie, things could not have been better for them. After dealing with Cathy in the only way they knew how by reporting her to Triple H, on the week of the Superstar Shake Up, Cassie managed to successfully defend her title against Jessica on Smackdown Live, before retaining again against Charlotte at Money In The Bank, but she would have to keep an eye out for Ember Moon, who won the Women's MITB briefcase. Following on from that, she then defended in a triple threat against Bayley and Mandy Rose at Payback, coming out on top, and then Sonya Deville at Extreme Rules.

As for Josh, both he and Jeff were also tearing it up as the tag team champions. After a controversial ending at Money In The Bank where Rusev's leg was on the ropes while Jeff pinned him, they would then have a Falls Count Anywhere match at Payback to settle things, and settle them they did, with Josh hitting Creation Of Energy from the stage on Nakamura, sending them both through a table, which ended the match. They then successfully defended against Bryan and Rowan at Extreme Rules, awaiting their next challengers.

It was now the night after Extreme Rules, and Josh, with Cassie on the apron and Jeff encouraging them on the outside, were in a match against Andrade and Zelina, who'd been poking fun at Josh and Cassie's relationship while the champions were celebrating their wins from last night. After hitting the double knees on Josh, Andrade went for the pin.

Ref: 1... 2...

Josh just kicked out and reached out to make the tag to Cassie.

Cassie: Come on, babe! Tag me!

Despite Andrade trying to stop him, Cassie made the tag, and immediately floored Zelina, hitting her with lefts and rights, before she delivered a knee with some force behind it.

Ref: 1... 2... thr-

Zelina just got a shoulder up, and Cassie continued to wear her down, hitting her signature fisherman's suplex, before covering her again.

Ref: 1... 2...

This time, Andrade pulled her off of Zelina, and Cassie got right in his face. But before Cassie could hit him, Zelina tried a roll up on her with the tights hooked.

Ref: 1... 2...

Cassie had no problem kicking out with authority, with the force sending Zelina out of the ring before she tagged Josh back in, and he then hit an oblivious Andrade with a quick First Spark before pinning him.

Ref: 1... 2... 3!

Greg: Here are your winners, the team of Josh Stevens and the Smackdown Women's Champion, Peyton Royce!

Just as Jeff joined in the celebrations, the arena blacked out, and there was then a loud pop as No-one Will Survive played. Tommaso Ciampa had returned, fresh from the neck injury he sustained which forced him to relinquish the NXT Championship. But then there was an even louder pop, as Rebel Heart then hit, and out came Johnny Gargano, along with his wife, Candice LeRae. All three had mics in their hands, while Cassie, Josh and Jeff looked shocked and a little confused.

Tommaso: Well, Johnny boy, Candice... what do we have here?

Johnny: Looks like 3 people who need a real challenge.

Candice: You see, after you three RUINED Smackdown by winning those titles, us three got together and came up with a plan to stop you.

Tommaso: You see, you three are a disgrace to those belts you carry. And while me and Johnny have had our differences over the past few years, one thing is not changed.

Johnny: Our ability to work as a team when we need to, so we just came here to put you guys on notice. #DIY is back... Because nobody else will do it for you!