The Best Revenge is Revenge

Elimination Chamber had arrived, and the card for the pay-per-view was stacked. On the preshow, Bobby Roode and Chad Gable had retained the Raw Tag Titles against Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder, while Buddy Murphy retained his Cruiserweight Championship in an epic match against Akira Tozawa. The main show had now started and after the US Championship match, where Samoa Joe retained against Andrade and Rey Mysterio, it was now time for Josh and Jeff to try and seal their Wrestlemania match against the Smackdown Tag Team Champions. Just before they did their entrance, Cassie gave Josh a kiss and hug for good luck.

Cassie: Babe... you go out there and do me proud... Just don't do anything stupid...

Josh: Come on babe, would I ever?

Cassie: Jeff, make sure he doesn't do anything stupid...

Jeff: I'll do my best...

Cassie gave them both a hug, and left to watch the match with Leah in catering. Jeff and Josh had done their entrance and were now waiting for Ricochet and Aleister to do theirs. When that was done, the bell rang, with Jeff and Aleister kicking things off. After avoiding a Black Mass attempt, Jeff hit Whisper In The Wind on Black, then crawled to make the tag to Josh, who jumped in the ring and now faced off with Ricochet, a man he had always wanted to face.

Josh: Let's tear it up...

Ricochet: Agreed, let's do it.

The two shook hands before locking up. After 15 minutes, Josh and Jeff hit a Poetry In Motion on Ricochet, before Jeff hit a Twist Of Fate. But before he could get up top for the Swanton, Black somehow managed to springboard up from the apron and hit Black Mass on Hardy before Josh came in and hit the First Spark backbreaker, taking Black out. Then Ricochet hit a kick straight in Josh's jaw, then climbed to the top and hit his 630 Senton on Josh.

Ref: 1... 2... thre-

Josh managed to just throw a shoulder up, and Cassie smiled at Josh's sheer determination.

Leah: How the hell did he kick out?!

Cassie: Come on Leah, you should know why cos of what he always says when he's in character...

Leah: Which is?

Cassie: That he is the Master of Energy, and he can't be created or destroyed...

Leah: Well, what about his finisher then, cos he calls that Creation Of Energy!

Cassie: Well, that's something you'll have to ask him when he gets back!

They then switched their attention back to the match, where Josh was in the drop zone for another 630 Senton, but when Ricochet took off, Josh moved out of the way, leaving Ricochet laying. While Hardy took care of Black with a Twist Of Fate on the outside, Josh climbed up and hit Creation Of Energy on Ricochet, connecting and then going straight for the pin.

Ref: 1... 2... 3!

Greg: Here are your winners, Jeff Hardy and Josh Stevens!

As soon as the bell rang, Josh's theme blasted around the arena as he slowly made his way to his feet, with Jeff sliding back in the ring and going to congratulate with Josh.

Josh: We did it!

Jeff: Not this time... YOU did it!

Their hands were raised in victory as Black helped Ricochet to stand, and the 4 then embraced one another, while Josh then got a microphone.

Aleister: Congratulations, you guys, you earned it.

Ricochet: Yep, well done.

Josh: Mark my words, you two have the words 'future champions' written all over you. Whether that's as a team or in singles competition, it doesn't matter. You two are future champions, no doubt.