The Meeting Of The Minds

The next day, Josh was at the park, waiting for the person he talked to on the phone to show up, with a little bit of an anxious look on his face.

Josh: Where the hell is he?

Then, as he was about to give up and leave, he saw the person he'd been waiting for, and he wasn't alone.

???: All right, Josh?

Josh: Well, well, well, The American Nightmare, Travis Sharp, and my estranged woman of an ex girlfriend, Jessica.

Travis: Call her what you like, she's mine now.

Jessica: And I couldn't be happier!

They kissed and made out right in front of Josh, almost causing him to throw up.

Josh: Ahem... Are you two quite finished? Cos I need to talk to you.

Eventually, the two pulled away, and Jessica wrapped her arms around her loving boyfriend as they all sat down.

Josh: So, explain to me why you're with... her... while you not only had a one night stand with MY girlfriend, who is now pregnant with what could be your baby.

Travis: Sorry, who's your girlfriend?

Josh: Cassie, the former women's champion.

Travis: Oh her? She just had way too much to drink that night, and one thing led to another. These things happen, so just move on, okay?

Josh: I won't just 'move on', as you put it. So what's the real reason?

Jessica: Because I told him to.

Both men looked at each other before looking at Jessica with a surprised face.

Josh: I should have known you'd have something to do with it. So give me the explanation.

Jessica: You see, I really wanted us to work out. So when we split, I thought about how I could get you back. That's when I met Travis. It was after me and Cassie broke up as a team, and we sorta bonded. I told him I still liked you, so he helped me with my plan.

Travis: Which was to get Cassie to cheat on you, possibly get her pregnant and get you two to split up so you and Jess could be together.

Josh: You do realise I'd never get back together with you, right?

Jessica: Obviously, I had thought of that. If my plan didn't work out as I wanted, then me and Travis would agree to be together, regardless if Cassie was pregnant or not, and regardless if you two were together. We went official on New Year's Day.

Josh: Wow, you continue to amaze me in being a scheming little witch, don't you, Jess? You just wait till I tell Cassie this... If she'll talk to me...

He looked at his phone and saw that Cassie hadn't replied to his message he sent her, which to him, meant that he had his chance and he blew it.

Jessica: Whatever, now if you'll excuse us, me and my man have some business to take care of.

Just before they left, Josh then gave Travis a bit of advice.

Josh: Believe me when I say this man, but she's not worth your time. I know that first hand. She'll do anything to get what she wants, and one day, you'll find that out for yourself. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Travis couldn't help but think about what Josh had said, and gave him a concerning second glance as Jessica then grabbed his hand and led the two of them off to do their 'business', as she had put it. Now that Josh had spoken to Travis and Jessica about what had happened, his thoughts turned back to Cassie and what the future had in store for them.