Different Types Of Anger

Saffron really didn't understand Charlie's anger.
She told him the truth, and yes she had been worried, she knew that his reaction might not have been good, but it had been worse than what she had expected.
She hadn't expected him to react the way he had. How angry he had been after she'd told him the truth.

Anger boiled up in her as she remembered his words, ' Nothing you could say now will change my feelings, no matter what you reveal.'
Did he really mean that?

"Ugh," she tossed a pillow at the door and threw her body back on the bed.

How was she meant to sleep now. She felt too many emotions and didn't know how to deal with them all.  She thought she was doing the right thing and it all blew up in her face.

She took her other pillow and held it onto her face and groaned. She threw it aside, and had no idea how long she lay there, angrily staring through tear filled eyes at the burred roof but she soon started passing out.

"Saffron? Saff? Saffron?" a voice whispered in her ear, causing her to sit up immediately, and bang heads with the whisperer.

"Ouch," Saffron murmured, eyes still blurry and sore and now a throbbing on her head.
"Shoot. Are you ok?" Saffron's eyes adjusted and Charlie stood, leaning over her.
"Not really," Saffron said, rubbing her head.

Charlie sat beside her on the bed and smoothed the hair off her face to examine the spot on her head. Saffron sat still, wondering if she had a spot as red as Charlies on the left side of her forehead.

Charlie moved his hand from her forehead, down her face and onto her neck. Saffron bit her tongue and shuffled back so Charlie's hand fell on the bed.

"Are you mad at me?" he asked.
"I don't know if mad is the word I'd use," Saffron said, her eyes staring straight ahead at the wall behind him.
"I know. I'm sorry," Charlie murmured.
"Are you really?" Saffron asked.
'Yes I-"
"You said that no matter what I said would change your feelings towards me," Saffron interrupted.
"I did. And I meant it, I -"
"If you meant it then why did you storm out after I told you about...it I mean, I told you the truth and you looked so angry and stormed out, without even an explanation!"
Charlie chuckled and all it did was anger Saffron more and it took all her will and good feelings to wards Charlie not to slap the chuckle out of him.

"If you would let me finish," Charlie said and Saffron nodded, sighing and closing her mouth. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't meant to just leave like that. It was irrational and yet again another stupid action I have done. I'm sorry, I really, really am. I was just so confused. I didn't know what to think. I was so angry, and no, not at you. At him for hurting you. I mean I won't lie, I was a little hurt that you hadn't told me the whole truth but it isn't what made me leave. I was just so angry. I didn't know how to deal with it, how to handle it, especially being around you. I needed to clear my head. I know it's stupid-"
"Nothing about you is stupid Charlie," Saffron interrupted. She hated the way Charlie would bring himself down.
"Thanks Saffron. But I'm sorry, really I am. I can't just get up and leave without giving an explanation of why," he says and Saffron nods.
"I agree, but thank you. I'm sorry for suddenly throwing it all on you. I just thought that if I said anything it would all need to come out. I couldn't keep anything for later," Saffron said and slowly Charlie moved forward and wrapped his arms around her, holding her close to him.

A few minutes passed before he spoke.
"Thank you, for telling me the truth," he said. "I know it must have been scary for you to tell me the truth. Not knowing how I would react to that, I guess you were right to be worried. So thank you for your bravery."
"It wasn't right of me to be worried. I should have known I could trust you," Saffron murmured into his chest.
"Saff… I know you think that you should, but really it's ok that you don't. I mean we may have become very important people in each others lives but in our recent lives. We can't expect to earn each others full respect in such a short amount of time. We have trust we just need to build on it."

Saffron sighed and nodded.

"How come you always make me feel better?" Saffron asks.
"The same reason that you always make me feel better," Charlie said, kissing the top of her head.

"Thank you for listening to me, accepting me. You have no idea how much that means to me," Saffron said, closing her eyes as she snuggled more into Charlie's arms.
"Always," Charlie said.

"Is there anything else you need to know?" Saffron asked, pulling away a little to look at him.
"No. Just. I'm a little bit confused. What really happened when you got your scar?" he asked.

Saffron took a deep breath and Charlie held her hands.

"You don't have to say it again," he said and Saffron shook her head.

"As you know, I was in Bulgaria, and we got in the new ChineseFirebolt. And, as you already know, she was angry and difficult to work with, but I tamed her. No one else trusted her, they used to say that they could sense bad magic on her, only I though that it was just their excuse to stay away from her.
But they were right. Bad magic there was indeed. I had just convinced a few people to go out with me and see for themselves how amazing she really was.
I had just gotten everyone to pat her, to stroke her, to come close to her. That’s when he came out. We all got out our wands to protect ourselves. We watched, absolutely horrified as he walked straight up to her and stoked her wing. She had shuddered and we could tell that she was in his control.
" He looked over and with a single, evil grin, he had them all running. But I stayed, I couldn't move. I had been so furious at him for years and now here I was face to face with him.
He never said a word, neither did I. But he licked his lips and the next thing I knew Shiva- the dragon- had lunged herself at me. I could see she was trying to fight it but he had control. For someone who hates wizards it was powerful magic he was using.
"She tried so hard to fight against him, trying not to hurt me and to protect me. And it killed her."

Tears were travelling down Saffron's cheeks as she spoke.

"He killed her. That’s when I screamed and ran to her. But he lunged at me at the same time. Claws together he leaped and scraped down my face. I screamed again but I knew I had to get out of there. I had to leave Shiva, so I apparated and left. I waited hours before sneaking back there. Shiva and Greyback were gone. That’s when I fainted and was later found and taken back. That's really how I got this scar," Saffron finishes and once again Charlie scoops her back into his arms.

Saffron allows the last tear to leave her eyes and wraps her arms around his torso.
She felt happy and safe and warm in Charlie's arms. It only made her adore him more.

"I still think you're pretty badass," he whispered and Saffron laughed, looking up him, and giving him a kiss and he returned it.

They didn't need to speak, they knew they were thanking each other for understanding and forgiving.

"Will you stay with me tonight?" Saffron asked.
"Of course," Charlie murmured. They manoeuvred so Saffron lay on one side of the bed and Charlie slid in beside her, waving his wand he'd hidden in his pyjama top to blow out the candle.

Charlie wrapped his arms around Saffron and she snuggled into him. His lips found hers and he gave her a sweet kiss.

"It's very late," he smiled although Saffron couldn't see it. "We should sleep."
"Good night Charlie, and thank you," Saffron murmured, trying to prevent a yawn from coming as she realised how tired she actually was.
"Good night Saffron. Thank you. I love you," Charlie said but Saffron was already asleep.