Packing

The rest of the day was quite slow and quiet.

Arthur spent it with Molly, making sure she got better quick. She might only have common cold but it still wasn’t the best time to have one. Besides he had to go back to work tomorrow.

The twins spent the day cooped up in their shared room.

Charlie was no where to be seen.

And Saffron aided Ginny with her packing and getting ready.

"So you went to Hogwarts the same year as Percy then?" Ginny asked as Saffron packed some books neatly into her cauldron. It seemed that when Ginny said she was packing...she wasn't really.

"Yep," Saffron smiled.

"And what house were you in?" she asked.

"Ravenclaw," she replied.

"And you were a prefect and played in the Quidditch team?" she asked.

"Yes and yes," Saffron giggled.

"Were you any good?" she asked.

"A little," Saffron shrugged. She was a good keeper, they just never put her there.

"What did you do once you were finished?" Ginny asked folding up one of her own shirts and packing it reluctantly.

"Well, I moved back to France and stayed with Fleur for a little while. Then I decided that I wanted to work with dragons and so I lived in Bulgaria ever since," she explained. It was mostly true. After the accident though she had stayed with Fleur's parents in France for a while but gone back to work.

"Charlie loves dragons. He's always had a skill with animals," Ginny explained and Saffron smiled.

"I did hear about that. And he works in Romania too right?" Saffron asks, even though she knew the answer.

"Yeah. Charlie told me you were being transferred there to work in the hospitals."

"Yes."

"Huh. That's pretty cool. You'll know someone when you get there now," she said.

"That's right," Saffron smiled, and she was glad it was Charlie.

“So do you have a boyfriend?” she asked.

“Good heavens no!” Saffron blurted out. She quickly looked away embarrassed and busied herself with folding t-shirts.

"Really? But you're so pretty and so nice!" Ginny exclaimed and Saffron blushed harder. It'd been a long time since anyone but Fleur had said she was pretty. But she knew the young girl as only being polite. Saffron wanted to ask her about Harry but didn’t wish to upset her.

"Do you know where Charlie's gone to?" Ginny asked suddenly peeking her head out the door.

'Not a clue, why?" Saffron puzzled.

"I was just wondering...I wanted to ask him a question."

"Do you want me to go look for him? I can make lunch too whilst I'm gone," Saffron suggested.

"Would you?" Ginny asked.

"Sure," Saffron smiled, she placed the school socks she was holding in the suitcase and set off about the "house" in search of Charlie.

Saffron searched the house but Charlie wasn't anywhere.

Not in his room. Not in the twins or Mr and Mrs Weasley's room. She couldn't find him anywhere. Until she decided to look in Fleur and Bill's room.

"Charlie?" Saffron asked peeking in.

Charlie put down a photo frame and looked around, a small smile appearing on his lips.

"Hey," he said. "You can come in."

Saffron opened the door a bit wider and stepped into the room. A double bed was the centre of it, and a roc shelf on the far wall, where Charlie was standing. Bits and pieces were left around the room, the photo Charlie had, a shoe, a mug and some hair clips.

"Ginny, wants you," Saffron stated, her arms held in front of her stomach, hands twisting into knots almost as bad as the ones in her stomach. Why couldn't she control them?

"Really? Is she ok?" he frowned.

"Yeah, we were just packing her bags," Saffron said.

"Again?" he asked with a smirk and Saffron let out a small giggle.

"I don’t think they were ever packed."

"Do you blame her?" he was serious now.

"No," Saffron said softly, shaking her head. No she did not.

Charlie sighed and made his way around the bed to where Saffron was. Again they were close.

'Too close' Saffron had thought for a split second before she realised how much it didn’t bother her…..and how much she actually liked it.

She could smell toothpaste on him, and he could smell lavender on her.

Neither moved, enjoying the little space between them.

Charlie looked down at her, his blue eyes widening a little as they met hers. Saffron looked shyly back and yet again couldn't look away.

Without a word Charlie made the first move, and moved out of the door. Saffron was a little sad but relieved that she didn’t have to seem like the mean one again. They held eye contact for a few more seconds before looking away again.

Once Charlie was out of sight, Saffron snuck around the bed to look at the picture Charlie had been staring at.

It was a picture of Bill and Fleur and the rest of the Weasley's looking happy and laughing. The picture moving as the wizard pictures did.

And for a few moments, Saffron couldn't help but wish to be a part of the Weasley family. She had been without a family so long and for some reason, she just fit here. She felt happy. Well happy-ish.

Charlie on the other hoped that she hadn't seen the picture in which he was watching, and he hoped she didn’t see the jealousy in his eyes as he stared at Bill and Fleur.

Why was it suddenly so hard for him to be alone? Why was angry with his brother for getting married. Why was he jealous? It wasn’t his brother’s fault for finding his other half before him. He was jealous that being with Fleur was just so easy for him, whereas around the only person he was interested at the moment, he felt it hard to breathe and hard to function.

He didn't understand but he didn’t know it was because he had already found the one, the only person who could erase that jealousy and anguish and make him satisfied.

And that person was Saffron.