Promotion

It was only a few days before Charlie was back at work and Saffron loved it. 

She loved sitting with him in the mornings for breakfast, even their sad goodbyes as they parted ways, only to meet each other once again at the end of the day.

Knowing Lenard was gone gave Saffron a bit more of a skip in her step and Charlie no longer felt worried whenever he saw her. 

Curtis had been leaving Saffron alone to, which made the both of them equally happy. 

"I'll see you tonight then," Charlie said, giving Saffron a hug as they parted for work. 

"You will. Have a good day and don't get yourself killed," Saffron said, hugging him back. 

"I won't and you either," Charlie said and Saffron laughed as he gave her a kiss.

"Goog. But I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too," Saffron pouted. 

"I'll -"

"Yeah, yeah, you'll miss her more. Come on Saffron," Erica grabbed Saffron's sleeve and pulled her into work, Safron pressing a quick kiss to Charlie's cheek. 

"I swear you two have been even more disgustingly in love," Erica's face screwed up. 

"Oh hush," Saffron smiled. "Redge'll ask you out soon and you'll understand."

"Saffron," Erica blushed. 

"What?" Saffron asked, eyes widened in an innocent look. Erica laughed and Saffron turned smiling, getting things ready for her day. 

"Saffron," Melody's brisk voice caught her attention. 

"Morning Meldoy," Saffon smiled politely. 

"I need you to put that all back," Melody ordered.

"Oh, why?" Saffron asked. 

"And I need you to change into these," she was handed a dark uniform and she frowned slightly.

"I'm confused."

"You're no longer a tent healer," Melody's face finally broke into a smile. "You're being upgraded to on site healer!"

"You're kidding," Saffron froze in shock. 

Being an on site healer meant she could work closer to the dragons...and Charlie of course!

"That's if you'll accept?"

"Yes, yes, I accept! Of course!" Saffron grinned.

"Wonderful, you start today. Emma will be here soon and she will take you to the site where you'll be based at and show you all the ins and outs," Melody explained. "All you need to do right now is put those supplies away and change."

"Yes, I'll just go," Saffron said jumping around a little in excitement. 

She put everything away and changed as quick as lightning and was back in front of Melody in no time. 

"I'm going to miss having you here Saffron," Melody smiled, giving Saffron a hug. 

"I'll miss being here. But I won't be far away," Saffron smiled.