Skillz

Saffron's eyes met Charlies as she went to rush to get over to him.

Suddenly the wall burst through and in came the Romanian longtail.

Saffron froze, her eyes going to Charlie, who had been knocked down and out. Blood dripped form his eyebrow and Saffron let out a cry. Only it wasn't heard over the volume of the other screams.

Saffron ran over to Charlie, wiping the blood off the side of his face and on her pants.

She began to cry as she went to check his pulse, only to have the longtail come right up to her.

She froze, closing her eyes. She could feel it's warm breath.

Slowly opening her eyes she came to face a large jaw and and an equally large set of teeth.

Holding in her breath, she reached for Charlies wrist. The dragon growled and Saffron dropped her hands.

Closing her eyes she took a deep breath. It had been a long time since she had worked with dragons. Being around an angry was sending a long forgotten fear through her.

She needed to check Charlie's pulse, but she also needed to stop this dragon from attacking her or Charlie.

Carefully, Saffron lifted up a hand, reaching out to the dragons nose.

He growled and backed away a little.

Saffron pulled her hand back to turned back to Charlie, another growl came from the dragon.

Saffron turned, putting one hand up to the dragon as she reached with her other hand to Charlie's throat, checking and relaxing once she found a pulse.

She was able to take care of the dragon before getting back to Charlie.

Standing, she slowly made her way closer to the dragon,who was still huffing and letting out low moans and growls.

"Hey, hey it's ok," Saffron muttered softly. Gently she reached further, placing her hand on the dragon's green, scaly nose. It's large horns were dangerously close to her, and she knew this.

She had to be absolutely careful.

The dragon realised she meant no harm, but was still a bit cautious.

Saffron carefully stroked him, bringing her other hand up to do the same thing.

The dragon began to calm down and Saffron couldn't believe it was working. She moved down his neck to his shoulder. Gently running her hand over him, letting him know she wasn't going to hurt him.

"You're a good boy," Saffron said, coming back up to his face. "You are. They just don't know it."

Saffron could hear footsteps and she had to keep hold of the longtail who could sense people coming and wanted to desperately attack them.