Two Can Play

Another busy day in the south wing and Saffron was exhausted by the lunch.

New dragons had arrived and some of them weren't the nicest sort.

"They're quite the crazies," Nathan said as Saffron stitched up his arm.

"I can imagine," Saffron's eyes went wide for a few moments.

"Yeah. Hey look, I was wondering if you weren't going with anyone, would you go to the dance this weekend with me?" Nathan asked hopeful.

Saffron held back a sigh.

It was the third ask she had received that day and none of them were bad by any means, but she had already promised Christina and she didn't really fancy going with another male.

"That's sweet of you to ask Nathan. But I already have plans to go with someone, sorry," Saffron smiled apologetically.

"That's ok. Doesn't hurt to ask," Nathan smiled. Saffron returned it, before tying of the end of the stitch and summoning a band-aid.

"There you go," Saffron said, happy with her work. "All done."

"Thanks Saffron," Nathan smiled before leaving.

"I'm off to lunch," Saffron said, beginning to remove her gloves.

"Could you take the next one first?" Erica asked quickly. "Sorry it's just I've got three more after."

"I can do it," Saffron nodded, going to get the next person to come in.

"Hey Saffron," Curtis greeted her as he entered the room.

"Curtis, hi," Saffron gulped. "What can I do for you?"

"This please," Curtis lifted his jacket out of the way and pulled up his singlet, a matching gash below his other one.

"Doesn't look too bad," Saffron inspected it. "Few stitches and you'll be right."

"Sounds great," Curtis smiled as Saffron cast a spell to numb his skin.

"So how are you handling everything?" Curtis asked and Saffron sighed.

"I'm ok," Saffron shrugged.

"I know it's only been a few days, and what Charlie's saying is wrong. But I'm glad you're ok," Curtis smiled.

"What Charlie's saying? What is he saying?" Saffron asked, stopping her work.

"Oh, you haven't heard?" Curtis' eyes grew wide.

"No," Saffron shook her head.

"Oh."

"What is he saying?"

"Just that you weren't the greatest girlfriend and..," he trailed off.

"And?"

"And that kissing you with your scar was gross," he murmured.

"He said that?" Saffron asked.

"Yes," Curtis nodded.

"Are you sure you didn't just hear that? It doesn't really sound like Charlie," Saffron said.

"I'm sure. Saffron I really wouldn't lie to you about this. I overheard his saying this to Dan, Tim and Sinead. You can ask them if you like. I just thought that you should know," Curtis said.