Jealous Maybe

Time seemed to fly after that. Saffron was working the busy all day shifts and spent a lot of time in the north wing. It was where Meldoy recommended she stayed since she was able to quickly get people back onto the field. 

"Curtis, you're in again!" Saffron exclaimed as she escorted Curtis to a bed and studied the wound on the side of his head. 

He gave a pain filled, roguish grin.

Curtis seemed to be coming in a lot in the entire time Saffron had been there. Erica had assured her that Curtis probably was the most seen out of everyone.

"Sorry," he said sheepishly and Saffron shook her head, a small smile on her face as she began to heal the wound. 

"Feeling better already," he said.

"I'm not finished yet," Saffron said, she chose a certain cream, being careful which one to choose as she had learnt about Curtis's skin allergies. 

 "How's it going here today?" Curtis asked as she applied the cream. 

Saffron had seen Curtis so many times that they had some kind of friendship, well more acquaintanceship than anything. 

"Really good today, not as many serious injuries which is good. Most things can be fixed quickly. Although we've had to start sending people to other wings to get them healed we're just so busy with minor injuries," Saffron said before muttering a small spell to help the cream soak in. 

"Yeah, they were going to send me west or south or somewhere. But I told them I wanted to be healed wherever you are."

"Oh! Really?" Saffron asked. 

"Yeah. You do a good job and I want to be out there as soon as possible," Curtis shrugged. 

"That's very flattering Curtis," Saffron blushed. "How's it out there today?" 

"Good, but the dragons aren't too happy. It's this rain. It's unsettling for them," Curtis explained. 

"I can imagine," Saffron nodded. "There, all done."

"Saffron slipped the gloves off and quickly replaced them with new, clean ones as Curtis stood. 

"Thank you m'am. I'll be seeing you later," Curtis nodded heading towards the door. 

"Not too soon here I hope," Saffron warned, Curtis chucked his head back, laughing as he left. 

The next patient was sent in immediately and then the next and Saffron found herself working through lunch and until finishing time. 

"You can go, I am 'ere now," Stefan said as Saffron finished on her last patient. 

"Thanks Stefan. Good luck for tonight. Today was hectic," Saffron said removing her gloves and throwing them out. 

"No worrieez. Zank you. Have a good night," Stefan nodded and Saffron thanked him, hurrying out.