Lies and Truths

There was a bit of a rush once they had reached the burrow. Molly crying over the return of her son, also the fact that he was injured hurt her.

She ignored Saffron, and Charlie when he spoke of how he needed her. Rushing him straight inside so he would tell her the whole story.

Saffron stood awkwardly in the kitchen with the twins as they asked her what was going on. Saffron just shrugged, biting her lip, confused. She didn't understand why Molly was suddenly so stand offish. What had she done?

It struck her then.

She had promised Molly that she would keep her son safe, and look what has happened now.

Tears filled Saffron's eyes as she exited the burrow, which looked very much alike the underground house they had lived in throughout the previous months and rebuilding of the burrow.

She didn't know if that was the exact reason why Molly was acting the way she was, but she knew it was true. She had broken a promise and she did feel horrible about it.

This situation really stunk.

She was glad to be back, and to be with Charlie. But the only reason they were back was because she had allowed Charlie to get hurt.

Her mind kept whirling back over the last two days as she imagined ways that she could have prevented it.

She sighed, thinking about the past never helped anyone and all she had now was the future.

She sat outside, on the grass leaning against the tree and gave a jump when she had noticed that the twins had come to keep her company.

No one said anything for a few moments.  They sat quietly, Fred giving the occasional sigh as he was unused to staying so quiet for so long, and George jiggled his leg, the stillness at which they were sitting unnerved him.

"So," George said.

"So," Fred repeated.

"So?" Saffron asked. If they were going to interrogate her, they may as well get it over and done with.

"Are you alright?" Fred asked.

"No," Saffron said, surely that much was obvious.

"How'd it happen?" George asked.

"His leg got caught in a trap," Saffron sighed.

"Looks pretty painful," Fred shuddered.

"It was," Saffron clarified.

"But you took care of it right?" George asked.

"There's only so much I can do when I have hardly any helpful medical supplies."

"He's alive though," George pointed out and Saffron shrugged.

"Mum will calm down," Fred said.

"Yeah, she's just a little too flustered," George agreed with his brother.

"I still didn't keep my promise though," Saffron said aloud.

"What promise?" they asked together.