Dinner Disaster

"Saffron," Charlie stood as Saffron quietly entered the Kitchen and eating area. It was larger than she expected. The brown kitchen was just big enough to cook in and had candles burning on the walls, but opened into a wide space where there was a very big round table. 
Seated at the table were the Weasley's- a wet Arthur, Molly, the twins, Charlie (who was also wet), Bill, Fleur and Ginny- Remus and Tonks.
"Sorry, I can go...," she trailed off turning back around.
"Nonsense dear, come and sit down. I'll get you a drink," Molly said getting up and shuffling around in the kitchen.
Saffron nodded and made her way to the only spare seat in between George and Remus, as Charlie sat down again in his chair across the table from hers.
Molly placed a glass if cold, clear water in front of Saffron before sitting in her own seat next to her husband and Fred.

"Have you any idea how the Death Eaters got in last night Miss Hawthorn?" Remus asked seriously but in a polite manner.
"I haven't a clue I'm sorry," Saffron shook her head.
"They're Death Eaters, they would have found a way no matter what!" Bill said angrily.
"What I am wondering iz why did Zey leave almozt az quick az Zey came?" Fleur asked.
"They were after Harry. Once they realised he wasn't here they left," Remus answered.
"And once they'd set the tent on fire," Bill added frowning.
"They sent the tent on fire?!" Saffron burst with curious horror and blushed as everyone looked at her. She was a bit confused as she had no idea what had happened after she had passed out.
"Oh sorry dear, we've forgotten that you won't know what happened but yes they did set the tent on fire," Molly said sadly.
"Was anyone hurt?" Saffron asked worried.
"Not badly thank goodness. A few people recieved some cuts and bruises but that's about it.Everyone else got away quickly," Tonks said.
"Harry got away alright then?" Saffron asked.
"Yes, he Ron and Hermione apparated as soon as the Death a Eaters got here,q" Remus said. "Many others left and a few stayed to fight. As soon as the Death Eaters were gone and the fire was out out the rest apparated or fled. Luckily the Weasley's have an underground house for emergencies just like this one," Remus explained the night.
"Lucky," Saffron agreed not exactly sure what to say. It had been a horrid turn of events and she didn't think anything she could say would make it any better.

"We best be off Remus," Tonks said and he nodded.
"I suppose you're right," he stood up.
"You know how to contact me Arthur. Straight away if anything happens," Remus said.
"Of course Remus. You'll be the first to know if I hear anything," Arthur nodded.
Everyone stood and said quick goodbyes. Saffron stood to the side and let them. Remus shook her hand but Tonks gave her a quick hug.
"Thanks for staying to help fight," she smiled. "Sorry about your head though."

She took Remus' arm and they apparated.

"We'll be in our room," George said as he and Fred walked off.
"You better start packing Ginny," mrs Weasley said and Ginny nodded, leaving the room looking worried.
"I should 'elp 'er," Fleur said giving Molly a small smile and followed Ginny.

"Better start dinner," Molly walked three steps into the kitchen and opened cupboards with her wand. Arthur, Bill and Charlie stayed sitting at the table talking quietly. 

Saffron followed and exhausted looking Molly to the kitchen.

"You'll be staying for dinner dear?" Molly asked.
"I don't wish to put you out,"Saffron said.
"Nonsense dear! Stay for dinner will you," Molly smiled and Saffron agreed.
"Do you need any help cooking?" She asked.
"No no dear," Molly said before yawning. "You rest. I suppose you'll want to send an owl to your family?"
"No, they...that won't be necessary," Saffron smiled softly.
"Oh, well the showers working now if you wanted to take one?" She suggested with another yawn.
"I can cook dinner if you want to have a rest. You look awfully tired," she offered.
"Just worried dear. A rest would be lovely though. Are you sure you want to cook?" Molly frowned, too tired to argue.
"Go rest, I'll take care if it all," Saffron smiled and Molly nodded leaving the room. 

Arthur watched his wife leave and stood up to follow her. He gave a small smile and  nod as he passed Saffron who had taken out her wand and proceeded to cook.
She returned the smile as she put the meat Molly had on the bench into a pot.
Conversation had ceased and Charlie looked up and watched Saffron in the kitchen, humming softly to herself.
Bill studied his younger brother as he watched Saffron. Bill smiled in recognition as he saw the interest and admiration in Charlie's eyes. He remembered when he'd met Fleur for the first time. He patted his brothers back, muttering something about helping Fleur and Ginny. He knew of course Charlie hadn't really heard a word as he nodded quickly at him before looking back at Saffron.
Bill chuckled quietly, the first time he'd done so since the previous night, and left the room to hunt down his younger sister and new wife.

Charlie stood up from the table and made his way to the kitchen. 
"Whatcha cooking?" He asked making conversation.
"Lasagne," Saffron replied without looking up as she got a knife to chop an onion into small pieces.
"Need any help?" He asked as he watched her check the spoon stirring the white sauce before rushing over to get the pasta squares ready.
"No it's fine," she said rushing to check the meat.
"No I'll help. What do you want me to do?" He asked removing his thick black jacket, the kitchen already quite warm.
"If you insist....you could keep an eye on the white source? Please, when it's quite thick take it off the heat?" She asked.
"Got it," Charlie nodded standing by the stove. 
It was a little difficult to move around, their backs only centermeters apart at all times. 
"How's it going?" Saffron asked a few moments later peering over his shoulder also stirring the mince. 
"Good I think," he said as she peered into the pot.
"A few more minutes," she nodded turning back to the meat, a bowl floating in front of her full of mince sauce.
"I'll watch the meat too if you like?" He asked.
"I just need to let the sauce simmer for a few minutes before it's done," Saffron explained grabbing the bowl from the air.
Charlie reached his hand out to take the bowl, his fingers brushing against gets, electricity shooting up their arms and through their entire bodies. 
They're eyes met and held each other's stare. 
Charlie had the sudden urge to mean down and kiss her but fought the urge by reaching out his other her hand to tuck a curl behind her ear. Saffron blushed a deep red but didn't look away. Charlie slid the bowl from her fingers and placed it down on the bench.
But his arm got close to the gas ring and his sleeve caught fire.
He didn't feel the burn at first, being used to the fire from dragons. But when Saffrons eyes widened in horror he started to feel it.
He looked down in shock horror and let out a word he hoped his mother did not hear.
Being trained to care for incidents like these, Saffron took charge and put the fire out with water and led Charlie to the sink. The flames had burnt a hole through the bottom part of the sleeve and Through it you could see red raw skin with blood dots.
Saffron immediately applied water and found some cream through the first aid shelf as Charlie held his arm under the water.
Taking his arm gently she dabbed a dry cloth over it before applying the cream and muttering a healing spell. She took a bandage and wrapped it around his arm. If he wasn't in so much pain, Charlie would have enjoyed watching her work and the touch of her fingers on his arm.

"What's going on?" Fred asked from the hallway.
"Yeah what's burning?" George asked as they appeared in the kitchen.
The twins looked at Charlie's arm and their eyes widened, especially since Saffron was there healing his arm.
The twins looked at each other and started laughing. Saffron quickly took a step back blushing whilst Charlie glared at them.
"Hey! Your sauce looks like it's about to explode!" A twin said suddenly. Turning around quickly Saffron noticed sure enough it was. She walked over muttering a spell but before she could finish the sauce really did explode and splattered not only the dull kitchen but the four of them. 
The sauce started to burn but with a quick spell Charlie cooled it.

The four if them looked around the room before looking at each other and bursting into laughter.
"Better clean it up," George said turning away.
"-before mum comes down," Fred finished laughing as the two of them escape, leaving a laugh Saffron and Charlie to clean up the mess and fix dinner.
A/N hey guys! I was wondering what you all think? I would love feedback!! The more feedback I get the more I will update!! Thanks for reading hope you enjoy xx