Wizarding Wars

Saffron never imagined seeing Hogwarts like this. 
Everything was so dark and so scary.

Her mind was still processing what had happened. 
How she had to get ready, how they all had to get here as quick as possible. How they walked in to help Harry. 
But Saffron mainly remembers the warmth of Charlies hand. Both of them so young, and not quite ready to let go. 

They all stood, side by side but apart, Death Eaters and Voldemort himself were coming towards them. 

They were safe but for how long they didn't know. 

"Greybacks out there," Saffron said to Charlie. Her voice sounded strong, ready, but inside she was shaking, she was terrified. 
Charlie knew she would be and gave her hand a squeeze. 

"I can't promise that no harm will come and that at the end of all this we will be ok. But I can promise you that I will whatever I can to help you, to help protect you," Charlie said. "Saffron I love you like nothing else I've ever loved before and I know I've said it before, but I love telling you that."

"Just don't put yourself in danger for me," Saffron said. 
"I will do what it takes to protect you."
"But if it hurts you..what will be left for me?" Saffron said. 

Charlie looked at her, his heart banging against his chest. He crashed his lips onto hers. 
They pulled away and Saffron looked straight into Charlie's eyes. 

"I love you Charlie," she said. 

Charlie's eyes widen. She had finally said it too. She finally said it out loud. 

"I love you more than I could love anything and I don't know what I'd do or who I'd be without you."

It felt good for her to say it. To let him know. It felt good for her to know that he knew. 

Charlie couldn't believe it. He had been waiting so patiently and she had said it. She had said she loved him and that was more than he could ask for. 

But it was then that their protection started to deteriorate, and reality set in harder than ever before. 

Suddenly anxieties took over Saffron and her throat practically shut, she looked over at Charlie who gave her hand a squeeze. 

Their hands slipped apart, it was time for battle. 

A few moments passed and suddenly they were upon them. 

Charlie kept Saffron insight and stayed close to her. 

Saffron ignored the horror in her stomach as she cast curses she had only ever read about, or cast once or twice. 

She was so small, she was easily knocked about, but it made her ability to dodge curse easy. 

Slimy grease balls, men with no teeth, people with one eye, scars and scratches. The wild showing in their eyes, giving you a taste of the insanity you can only receive in Askaban. 

The yelling, the screaming, the cursing, it was everywhere. 

Saffron was dueling with a person someone she didn't even know. And for a moment her compassion wore her down. 
She didn't know him. Did he have a family, a wife and kids maybe?

But then she remembered why they were dueling. She remembered what was going on. Crimes popped into her head as she thought of what he possibly could have done. 

Then she remembered something he had done. Power surged through Saffron's veins as she remembered this unknown Death Eater from the forest. She remembered his torments and she remembered the pain he had helped to cause. Suddenly her voice grew louder and stronger as she cast curses. 
"Expelliarmus," she cried, casting a second grade spell. But it got his wand out of his hand, a worried look flashed through his eyes as he ran to get it. But he wasn't fast enough, Saffron cast a curse and knocked him out cold. 

Saffron looked around for Charlie. Bright spells, dark figures and red flashed in front of her eyes but a mop of ginger hair or familiar blue eyes could be found within the crowd. 

She had to find Charlie. 

She ducked in between people, dodged curses, cast curses. It almost became a pattern as she searched. 

It was a terrifying situation to be in, and on her search, Saffron found herself helping out others get rid of their attackers. 

Suddenly she had been half tackled. She stumbled before she hit a wall. A body leaning against her. 

She pushed it off her, straightening herself and putting her wand at ready. 

She dueled with this stranger, getting to the point where she was exhausted. But she had to power on, she had to find Charlie. 

She got his wand out of his hand, but the next thing she knew, he was on top of her. 

She struggled, trying to kick him or get him off her in one way or another but he was too strong for her and she found she was quite stuck. 

The Death Eater laughed before holding his wand up to her throat. 

Saffron squeezed her eyes shut, repeating Charlie's name over and over in her head as if he would be able to call her. 

The Death Eater began to say something when suddenly he was interrupted and Saffron felt his weight disappear. She opened her eyes and stood up. 

'Charlie?' she hoped looking for her savior. 

Fear froze her as her eyes met the small, beady ones belonging to Fenrir Greyback. 

Saffron couldn't move. She wasn't sure if he had saved her or wanted her for him. 

"Saffron," he said, and a shudder went through her body. She did not reply, just stared, trying so hard to not show the fear she felt. 

"Come on Saffron, aren't you going to greet your uncle?" he asked. His lips had turned into what Saffron thought was supposed to be a smile, only it looked much worse. 

Saffron was offended that he would even say that. How dare he say that. Anger rose in her, overtaking her fear.

"You are not my Uncle," Saffron said firmly, one fist clenching and the other tightening around her wand. "You are not my family."
"Wrong," he said. "I am your uncle. I was your fathers brother, your Uncle."
"I know who you were. But like you said was. You were his brother, but you aren't. Not anymore and not just because he's dead, but because you killed him. You murdered him for a reason that'll never be good enough. You are a monster, you disgust me. You have never been family and you never will."

Saffron had finally been able to say what she had wanted to tell him. She wanted him to feel disgusted in himself. Even guilt, guilt of taking away someone who was once a brother to him, taking away and a child's only parents. 

"That's where you're wrong," he said. Saffron could see the lack of guilt in his eyes, instead frustration, anger and evil. 

"No it's where I'm right. The things you have done to me and my family and horrifying. Look at me, look at what you've done, what you've caused. Not only is it physical, but it was mental. You are a monster and you don't deserve a life," Saffron said, casting a curse that he dodged. 

"You say these things now, you say them, but you won't later. When you join me, you will regret what you have said. You will want to be my family, you will need me," he said. 

Saffron shook her head. 

"No. I will never want to be part of your family."
"You say it now-"
"And I'll say it for the rest of my life," Saffron said, raising her wand again. 

Greyback opened his mouth, bearing his teeth and Saffron understood. He wanted to bite her. 

"Its me or death," he said. 

"I will always choose death," Saffron said. And she knew that this was it. It was all over now. She tried to send more mind messages to Charlie. She wished she'd told him more that she'd loved him, hugged him more, kissed him more. Everything she wished she done more. She wished she'd let him in quicker. Their time together would have been longer. 

"I'm sorry Charlie," she murmured as she watched Greyback stand. He looked directly in her eyes before running pouncing. He tackled her and it felt like they were flying through the air.
She watched as his teeth drew dangerously closer to her neck and she squeezed her eyes shut as they grazed her throat. 

They started to fall and the last thing she remembered was the contact between her head and something hard. 

 ***

Charlie didn't even have time to swear at himself when he realised he had lost sight of 

Saffron, as he had to block a curse and send one back. 

This was all madness. He didn't understand what possessed these people to believe that 

what they had done and what they were doing was ok, but it wasn't right. They didn't 

need to be doing this.
Well obviously they did, but they shouldn't have to be doing this. 

Charlie tried hard to move through the bodies, searching for the familiar face of 

Saffron Hawthorn. 

Charlie spotted his mum, and noticed someone going to attack her from behind. He ran 

and dived blocking the curse and sending it back to the attacker. 

"Charlie!" his mother cried as she waved her wand about.
"Are you alright?" he asked his mother. It was a stupid question, but he himself had 

already had his lip cut and blood dripping from his forehead. 
"Yes. Have you seen your brothers? Are they ok?" Molly asked as she finished off her attacker to help Charlie with his. 
"I haven't. Have you seen Saffron?" Charlie asked and Molly could tell by his tone that 

he was as desperate to find her as she was to find her other children. 
"I haven't," Molly admitted before swiveling back to fight another Death Eater. 

The two were soon separated and Charlie was on the move again. 

Suddenly he fell to the ground. He looked behind him and gasped as he noticed he'd 

tripped over a dead body. 
This was getting all too real. He jumped back up, sending curses and helping to block 

as many as he could from those who could not see them coming. 

So many familiar faces, but none the ones he was looking for. 

"Charlie!" a sweet, french accent yelled befire pushing him out of the way and once 

again to the ground. He cried out as pain shot up his arm. 

"I'm sorry, you were about to be hit," Charlie saw his sister-in-law Fleur on the 

ground, crawling up beside him. 
"Thank you," he said gratefully. 
"Never any worries," Fleur replied. Suddenly Bill was there and Charlie cursed himself 

under his breath. Even Bill was able to keep an eye on Fleur. 

"Fleur," he said and Fleur carefully jumped up, running over and taking his hand. 

"You alright?" Bill asked Charlie. With his good arm Charlie sent a curse behind Bill 

and Fleur's backs.
"I'm fine but I guess it's not exactly the time for idle chit chat," Charlie said, 

still in a hurry to find Saffron. 

Bill nodded and the two hurried off. 

Charlie tried to concentrate on finding Saffrons face and those around him. Especially 

since all that was running through his mind was horrible scenarios of his family and 

Saffron. 

How could he let her out of his sight. 

Charlie fought and fought on, for what he was sure was hours and hours. He found more 

fallen bodies and more screams and yells. 

He still hadn't found Saffron and was still worried out of his mind. 

He cried out in pain as he was hit by a curse. He fell to the ground, his head 

pounding. A body stepped in front of him, he squeezed his eyes shut, but when he opened 

them again after a while the body was gone. 

His head still pounded and he could faintly see stars. 

He slowly stood up and dizziness hit him like a rock. He leaned against a destroyed 

wall and slowly began moving forward. 

He fell to the ground again. 

He was slowly getting his sight and hearing back. 

Arms wrapped around his waist and helped him to his feet. 

"Charlie?" Charlie could finally see straight and meet the worried eyes of his father. 

He seemed to look older than usual, weary, and tired. 

Charlie looked around, the fighting had seemed to stop.

"Charlie, can you hear me?"
"Where's everyone Dad? Mum? Ron? Saffron, Saffron is she ok?" Charlie cried out. He 

went to move and fell a little, the side of his stomach hurt more than anything. 

Arthur held him up. 

"It's Saffron Charlie, we have to find her...quick."

Charlie walked quickly with his Dad. Stone, rocks, bits and pieces of Hogwarts and 

bodies were everywhere and they had to be careful where they stepped.

"Saffron!" Charlie cried out, among the rubble he was able to recognize Saffron. 
"Saffron," Charlie cried as he ran over to her. 

Her hair and skin was grey from the dirt that had settled around her. 

Charlie knelt beside her and smoothed down her hair. 

"Dad is everyone else safe?" Charlie asked. 
"From what I know. Your mother and I split up, I came to find you to get Saffron...," 

Arthur continued to talk but Charlie had zoned out. 
Part of Saffrons scar was bleeding and there was a scratch against her left cheek. Her 

hands were bruised and there was a cut on one already. Charlie was almost scared to 

touch her. 

He touched her cheek when something caught his eye. 

Two bright red and purple marks on her neck, some blood smudged. 

Charlie looked up.
"What happened to her?" he demanded.
"I don't know. We have to get her back now, to healers," Arthur said. 
"Dad look at her throat," Charlie's throat choked and tears pierced his eyes. 
"She's still breathing," Arthur pointed out her moving chest. 

Charlie scooped her up carefully into his arms and the two walked in silence. 

They entered the great hall and immediately Molly was there. Face red and eyes swollen 

already. 

"Molly," Arthur pulled her into an embrace.
"It's Fred," she sobbed. 

Charlie's heart stopped. 
What. 

"What about Fred, is he alright?" Arthur asked. 
"No, "Molly shook her head. 

Charlie's eyes widened. 

He needed to see his brother, but Saffron needed to be healed. 

"What happened to him?" Arthur asked. 
"He's.. he... he's gone," Molly sobbed into her husbands chest. 

Pain pierced Charlies heart. 

No, no this can't be true. Fred, dead! No this wasn't happening. 

Charlie lost hearing again. 

Saffron was pulled from his arms and he fought to keep her there. He needed her there, 

even if she wasn't awake, he needed her. 

He eventually found his way over to his family. 

Fred's body was cold, lifeless. 

Charlie fell to his knees. 

George sobbed beside him. Charlie pulled him into a hug as they cried. 

Charlie couldn't believe what was happening. 

It all went into a blur. 

Ron was there, he hugged George, he hugged Charlie. 

They were all there. But one was gone. 

What was happening.  

A/N Hi guys! I hope you liked the Chapter! I just want to thank you for this year. You 

guys are awesome! I love you all. Happy New Year to everyone! Not long to go for me! 

(In Australia) 

I'm sorry I skipped a whole lot but I just really wanted to focus on Charlie and 

Saffron and stuff but anyways I hope it was ok otherwise!

Also, I am nearly finished writing the first chapter to my next Fanfiction, and it will 

be surprise who it is about. 
It was supposed to be a Christmas gift, but I think it'll be better to have it staart 

in the new year! So! I will be posting it tomorrow on the 1.1.15 ! Starting off the New 

Year so stay tuned! 

Happy New Year everyone may this year be amazing for you all!

Love you all again for all your support! xoxox