Guilt and Uneaten Sandwiches

Charlie, being smart and thinking ahead, had brought along a tent and was able to set it up, putting up a magical enchantment to protect them.

"We should have left earlier," Charlie mumbled as he went inside to join Saffron. Saffron didn't say anything as she organised the food Mrs Weasley had sent along.

"How hungry are you?" Saffron asked.

"Starved," Charlie said sitting across from where she was sitting.

They sat in a comfortable silence as Saffron sliced some bread to give to him as well as some of the meat.

"Thanks," Charlie said taking it from her and taking a large bite, his stomach grumbling.

"No worries," Saffron said. She quickly made herself a sandwich.

Saffron took two bites before putting her sandwich down and wiping her hands on her jeans.

"What's wrong?" Charlie asked when Saffron didn’t resume eating.

"I can't," she simply said.

"Can't what?"

"I can't eat."

"Why not? Are you ok?" Charlie asked her, a worried frown covering his face.

"I feel so terrible Charlie, don't tell me you can't feel it too," Saffron sighed.

"Feel what?"

"The guilt! Don't tell me you don't feel bad."

"I do, I do, but we're doing what we have to do," Charlie said, even though he knew that was a lie.

"Are we Charlie?" Saffron asked and Charlie sighed, putting his sandwich down.

"We should have stayed."

"Saffron, we couldn't."

"Why not?"

"Because we couldn't," Charlie stuttered, picking his sandwich up and taking a large bite.

"Charlie," Saffron frowned.

"Saffron, your bleeding," Charlie said softly.

"I'm what?"

"Bleeding.'

"Bleeding?" Saffron asked confused and it took a moment before the realisation swept over her and she lifted her hand to her face and felt the wet sticky liquid.

"Oh my gosh," she murmured standing up quickly and making her way to her suitcase. She took out a cloth and cast a spell to dampen it. She lifted it up to her face but Charlie stopped her.

"Come," he said, taking her cloth out of her hand, and walking to the table.

Saffron sighed and followed, sitting down on a chair as he instructed.

"Tell me if it hurts," he murmured, gently lifting the cloth to dab at her scar. He focused on it carefully, getting a good look at it so he might be able to guess what had happened to her.

"Doesn't that disgust you?" Saffron asked, absolutely mortified.

"What?"

"Touching...it," Saffron hesitated.

"No," Charlie said.

"Why not?"

"Because, its part of you," Charlie said.

A pang hit Saffron's heart and she blushed madly.

"I'll finish," she said, reaching to take the cloth from Charlie.

"No, no," Charlie held the cloth out of reach. "You’ve helped me dozens of times. My turn to help you."

Saffron frowned sitting down and letting him finish.

"I'm not hurting you am I?" Charlie asked.

"No. Why doesn’t this disgust you. I mean, even looking at it horrifies me," Saffron said. She was confused. She thought he was disgusted by it, and yet here he was, carefully cleaning it for her.

"It's a part of you, and you are beautiful," Charlie said. Saffron's face turned red as her mouth went dry.

"No," she shook her head without thinking and the facecloth tore it a little but it hurt a lot. "Merlin!" she cried standing up and covering the sore bit.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry," Charlie continuously apologised.

"My fault," Saffron said grumpily, snatching the cloth from him, dampening it and putting it to her scar.

"Are you ok?" Charlie asked.

"Yes," Saffron sighed, sitting back down.

There was a silence before Saffron stood up again.

"I'm going to bed," Saffron said.

"Ok," Charlie said, standing up to face her. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I moved, it was my fault," Saffron gave him a small smile.

"Sleep well," Charlie said, leaning to give her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"You too Charlie."

A/N I appologise as it is not the best chapter, I am just so pushed for time lately, I mean this updates a day late haha sorry guys, I hope you can forgive and enjoy, lots os love xoxoxox