Sorted

For a moment Charlie's heart stopped, he was so sure it had literally stopped beating. That was until he realised Saffron had left her suitcase standing by the door.

So maybe she hadn't just left, or, if she had, she would come back for it.

The room was completely silent.

"Charlie, we are sorry," Fred said.

"We never meant for it to turn out like this," George finished. But Charlie shot them a look that made them shut up instantly.

"Charlie, maybe it's for the best," Molly said, she wasn't quite sure why she had said it. She really didn't want Saffron to go, to leave Charlie, but she had grown jealous. Her son being single for so long, always being away and coming home to only see his family. If he and Saffron dated, would he come home at all? She had grown quite jealous of Saffron, and she knew it wasn't meant to be this way.

"No mum, it isn't. And if you could just leave me alone and let me decide on this, everything will work out," Charlie said, trying his hardest to remain calm and polite towards his mother.

Arthur was still quite shocked at the situation. He didn't want Saffron to go, he thought she was good for Charlie. He was frustrated with the twins for once again, not keeping their mouths closed, and also at Molly for acting upon her negative feelings instead of talking to him about how she felt so he could help her deal.

He decided, since he was the head of the house, he would take control.

"This is ridiculous," he said firmly, and all four family members looked up at him. "We've demolished the family code and gone against each other, hurting another in the process. This is not the way we live! Fred, George, I understand you made a mistake, but really it was not your place to say anything, no matter what. You are excused," he looked at the twins who nodded, dying to tell him that they truly hadn't meant to cause harm, but staying silent as they trudged off to their room. Surely their father understood that.

"Molly, Charlie, we need to talk," Arthur motioned to the table and all three sat down.

"Now Charlie," Arthur began, turning to his second oldest son.  "Your mother and I had a discussion about your, and Saffron's relationship."

"If you are telling me that you don't like it, I really-"

"No Charlie, that's not what we discussed," Arthur interrupted him. "Both of us like Saffron and both of us approve. At least I thought we did. Molly?" Arthur turned towards his wife whose eyes had filled with tears.

"Oh Arthur, Charlie," she said, dabbing her eyes. "I just, what will happen if you and Saffron do start a relationship. What will happen when it's holiday times, Christmas, Easter, a wedding, a birthday?"

"What do you mean mum?" Charlie softened, leaning to place a hand on hers.

"You won't want to come home, you'll want to stay with Saffron. You wont, you won't need me anymore," Molly allowed a few tears to fall, before quickly wiping them away.

"Mum, no! Of course I would come home!" Charlie said, shocked that his mum felt this way. "You are my mother and always will be. This is my family, I will always want to come and even if I have to drag Saffron along I will," Charlie smiled, getting up to give his mother a hug.