72

Rio

The breeze is silent - calm. It's just right. And in the open field displays numerous of guests; the majority of them greeting each other or exchanging warm smiles as they're dressed formally.
The rest of the portion, being Blondie and the bridesmaids, are in the shack just about an acre away from the canopy I stand at - and I gotta admit the developing envy that's starting to pile within me for them. Because currently they're with my wife.

OK, soon-to-be wife but you get the point. I'm ready to see her. The anticipation, the excitement, it's a bit overwhelming. I'm ready to take her hands into mine and take off to the destination of our honeymoon... in which she wanted a surprise out of.

So, Victoria has no idea where I'll be taking her tonight. And I, simply, just can't wait to see the luminous twinkle in her eyes when she finds out. Way back when, I remember her bringing up Cancún, Mexico, when we were spilling our top five 'dream destinations'. Cancún was her number one.

Like I said, the excitement... it's too real.

A sudden pat on my shoulder forces me from my inner thoughts, before I go to turn to my best man. Chris forms a smug grin when succeeding in gathering my attention.

"Proud of you, man." He starts, earning for a smile from me to break through after.
But before I get the chance to thank 'em, another deep voice welcomes itself next to my side. "Very proud." Pops concludes when Amanda walks up beside him, soon following behind Angela.

"Thanks." I say toward each of them, going to land on my sister's gaze. "Glad you're here." I say to all of them.

"Well of course, we wouldn't trade this moment for the world, dear." Amanda sends me a smile. I smirk, "I don't know, pretty sure Angela would much rather attend some fashion show downtown right about now..." I narrow my brown eyes at her as she stands in her burgundy bridesmaid's dress.

In response, she rolls her bright green eyes, later forming a small grin. "Not exactly," she says, "I'm proud of you, too. And I do love Victoria's taste in fashion so..."

I chuckle while shaking my head, soon catching someone pass by on the side of my eye. I jolt my gaze onto Blondie, a sec, seeing her make her way towards the shack.

I excuse myself a moment, making it quick - 'cause I know the bridesmaids have to start heading out any minute now.

"Blondie," I shout, catching up behind her when she goes to spin around. Ann's hazel eyes instantly become perspective as she scans me over in my fine suit. Her eyebrows raise in surprise.

"Someone cleans up nice." She smiles, and I finally stop when reaching her. A grin finds it's way to my lips - which reveals just how excited I am for this afternoon; I don't tend to smile too much when it comes to Blondie. Kiddin'.

"Thanks, you too." I start huskily, going to point at her. "I wanted to thank you. You did pretty amazing for a first-time wedding planner..."  I glance around between the leafy ground and the perfectly aligned chairs plastered before the rose enwrapped canopy.

She embellished everything just right, I gotta say. I watch Ann shrug in her long dress. "Well you know what they say, there's a first time for everything." She responds casually, briefly nodding her head. I then stare at her with escalated eyebrows afterwards - because not everyone gets a first time for planning a wedding. She soon surfaces a smile before letting a laugh escape.

"Thanks, though." She says, adjusting on my eyes. "I tried." Blondie sends me a small and grateful smile before turning around again to dismiss herself. I go to do the same, just before my name is called from behind.