12

Rio

"It's much more than robbing a bank." I begin, tone husky. I lick my lips once more, standing on the dark wooden front porch.

Ann purses her lips into a thin line, settling on my gaze. She stays in place, just on the last porch step, folding her arms across her chest.

My lips twitch before tugging upward a bit, and I bite my lip to keep from smirking, suppressing the amusement flickering across my face.

"Do you gotta problem with all of this?" I question - curious. "You see 'cause I can't really tell. You helped with the accusation of that doctor when all fingers were pointing toward your sister; you know nothing's gonna happen to her so what's the problem, Blondie?" I add lowly, absentmindedly clenching my jaw.

Her thick and dark brows furrow; her hazel eyes narrowing in my direction.

"Blondie?" She pipes in sudden distaste.

I play a solemn expression, as I take a sharp sigh - allowing for the heavy breath to escape my lips.

"So is there a problem or not?" I ask again, unfolding my hands.

"Yes." She responds quite abruptly, catching me off guard; my brows escalate as I'm all ears. "The fact that you two are about to do whatever it is that you're doing, while the police are still having their eyes out on you two...?!"

"Doesn't matter. It's our business-"

"Your business doesn't have to deal with crime." Ann interjects, her irises piercing me. "Does it?" She adds in - her tone softer and laced with a desperation this time, as her irises glint with a peculiar plead.

I tug at my lip with my teeth, and send a firm nod without hesitation. Ann seems to release a faint breath, and it's barely audible, just before she begins in her steps again - only to near me this time - her gaze averted to the ground.

She approaches me, looking up to contact either of my brown eyes. Ann stands with her feet planted on the wooden porch before me, silent.

"I just care about her, Rio." Blondie says in mere defeat, it seems; the green specks in her irises causing my shoulders to tense, slightly.

I part my lips, glancing solemnly between either of her bold eyes.

"So do I." I state fairly.

Victoria's sister blinks at me a moment, silent without a response. She curls her lip, her eyes peering down to the wooden surface again.

I harden my jaw, still watching her, only silent moments before I turn my back, grasping onto the doorknob again.

I twist the knob, but pause. "Don't worry about what we're about to do, Blondie, even when it ain't your business." I briefly sweep my tongue across my lips. "She's gonna be okay. And no worries, I will be too, I can see how much you care." I finish sarcastically in the end, throwing her a glance over my shoulder, only to notice her send a dumbfounded glance - before her hazel eyes roll.

Blondie spins on her heel; turning to walk away from me. My lips twitch when I face ahead and push open the wooden front door, and step inside to return to Victoria.

The moment I do so, Victoria's curvy figure is still vestured in her tight jeans and a crimson red flannel top - her inclined frame claiming the entire black couch.

My lips curve upward fast, when I make my way into our living room.

Stopping just at an edge of my favorite sofa, her head rested just before my tall and standing figure, I peer my gaze down to meet hers. But her brown irises are not to be seen; they're shut, rested. She must be sleeping.

I frown, merely, but mischief - as well as a certain hunger - restarts in every vein and my heart begins to pump viscously.

Licking my craving lips deliberately, I move around the black couch to find my way toward the other edge, to now stand in front of her worn bright socks. That is, until I climb over her.

My longing frame towers her, crawling slickly and smoothly to hover. I plant my hands on either side of her head for balance, and scoop down with the arch of my back.

A hand of mine grips her own leg, gently, to aware her. She shifts slightly, before her closed eyelids flutter open. Victoria's light brown irises latch onto mine, and I find myself biting down harshly on my bottom lip.

"You fell asleep." I remark, searching into her deep eyes. Her pink lips crack a smile, when she brings up a hand to rest it on my cheek. Her skin is warm and wholesome, sending the familiar surge of electricity within my throbbing skin.

I lean further down to brush my lips against hers, her pink lips soft beneath me.

That is, just before I feel my cell vibrating in my pocket. I feel my jaw immediately clench, and I drop my head - dread flickering across my face. Sounding a groan, I plunge my cell out, getting off the couch and coming to a firm stand.

Glancing across the smaller screen in my grip, I recognize Chris' number. I instantly peer my gaze in the queen's direction.

"It's time." I inform her, lowly. I watch her sit up rather slowly and calm from the black couch, coming to a firm stand as well.

She runs a hand through her wavy brown hair, reaching down to grip her golden gun from the smooth surface of the coffee table, before I answer the call.

---

Hey! Thank you all so much for reading!! Hope you enjoyed! Be sure to vote if you did!
AND oh my goodness! I found out that my family and I will be moving to VA next month!!! AHH! I am excited!

Q: Do you like/love your home state?

Lots of love,

xx