78

Rio

Eight Months Later

Coming down the stairs, I wipe off the bit of paint that was left on my palms onto my gym shorts. Shirtless with a reasonable amount of sweat on my forehead, my eyes reach the back of the Queen.

After a long day's work, which is her last before her requested pregnancy vacation, she sits resting on our black couch in the living room. I walk up behind her.

Her brown strands are nearly disheveled while they're laid out and hanging off the back of the sofa. I come to a stop once I reach the back of her seated, and seemingly sleepy, figure.

My hands grip onto either of Victoria's shoulders, before throughly performing circular motions; seeing the veins beneath the permanent ink of her name implore on my forearm as I do. I hear her sound a soothing and soft moan when she carefully tilts her head back.

"Long day?" I start lowly, continuing to massage her.

"Mhm..." She responds. Below me I see her eyelids blissfully flutter shut. I feel my mouth curve while she's still under my touch.
"But my day's already getting better." Victoria adds on; plastering a small grin of satisfaction.

I smirk, eventually pausing my massaging session and make my way around the couch. I plop down next to her; her big baby bump later coming to view.

"How's my little guy doin'?" I question, reaching over instinctively to plant my observant hands on the queen's stomach. My brown eyes flick up to see Victoria's widening smile. Her smaller hands cover mine.

"He's doing great," she breathes, holding my gaze, "won't stop kicking though."

I feel my lip tug upward in smirk. "We just got a couple more weeks to go by, darlin'. But then we'll be on our way to making another one." My playful grin defeats me when I lean into Victoria; her precious face now close once she releases a humorless laugh.

"That's way too soon, Rio." She remarks - her own sheepish grin starting to arouse. I form a smile just before I connect my lips with hers, and she kisses me back.

The taste of her makes my skin heat up. I feel her soft hand carefully skid across my right forearm, and my hungry lips part from my wife's to see her blink down at my tattoo. Her fingers are cool on my skin. I catch the sight of her form a slight grin as she examines the inked calligraphy of her name.

My eyes lazily flick up to Victoria licking her lips, before her eyes revert to mine. She studies my own dark brown eyes for a silent second.

"Have you finished it?" She starts in curiosity, not regarding the tattoo - her alluring voice a soft whisper. My tongue connects with my lips for moisture, examining her graceful features. My hand slowly takes one of hers into a grasp; my fingers curling absentmindedly around Victoria's own.

"You finally wanna see the room, huh?" I ask, beginning to lean closer to her - my free hand still rested against her stomach.

"Hm," Victoria shrugs, failing at holding back her excited smile. "Think it's time I grade your progress... can I see it?" Her eyes fixate on my lips, I notice.

And seconds later, I come to stand. Glancing down at my wife, I extend out my hand. Eventually sending me a knowing spark in her intense light brown eyes, Victoria takes up the gesture and grabs my hand.

Carefully helping her stand, I lead our way towards the wide stairs.

The very moment we hit the hallway upstairs, and finally stand outside of the smaller bedroom I've been working on, excitement starts to devour my insides.