76

Victoria

The next morning, the breeze in Cancún is delicate - but the sun radiates a humid and fiery heat. To me, this warm Autumn air rather sets a relaxing mood. It's perfect.

I look to Rio who walks into step next to me; looking irresistibly sexy in his white t-shirt. I'm glad I didn't have to talk him into not wearing his favorite black jeans today. Right before he took me out for breakfast he stepped outside and got slammed by the unavoidable heat - and slipped on his blue swimming trunks himself.

I, not being able to help myself, saw this short white and sleeveless sundress in a gift shop earlier, and I couldn't take my eyes off it. Who knew dresses were sold at gift shops? Not me, anyway. I look to gift shops for souvenirs and keychains.

So now it's what I'm vesturing, as the mix of warm and merely cool sand sink between my toes within each step.

My tall husband's hand is hot in mine. "So what did you want for dinner later, sweetheart?" I latch onto his gallant brown eyes as he speaks.

"You're asking me about dinner, this early?" I can't resist breaking into an amused grin. I shake my head, a moment, before facing ahead to the shore ahead of us. "We have all the time in the world to plan dinner, baby." I hide my smirk, tightening the grasp I have on his hand when I feel his perceptive eyes burn into the side of my head.

"But I think we'll have tacos." I curl my lip, fixating my gaze on Rio's another moment longer. He cocks his brows, plastering an all too familiar grin. And my red lips curve. "What? It's Tuesday!" I remark afterwards.

My gangster licks his lips whilst his head shakes in return - his glistening gaze settling on the ocean before us.

The calm waves bring a calm, yet intense feeling of utter peace. Being in this serenity - with him - makes me want to stay here much longer than the week we're gonna get.

As I walk by his side, I shut my eyes - only for a silent moment. And my lips take in the air.

"I love it here, you know." I tell him. "You brought me to my favorite place, the place I've dreamt of visiting ever since I was ten." My eyelids soon peel open; my light brown irises soon scanning across the people in their own beachwear with tanner skin - scattered around on the sand, or seated at a barstool by one of the outdoor tiki bars.

A smile shortly creeps it's way onto my face.

"Well, darlin', you're my world. Remember? My rock..." Rio smirks when I face him again. "...My beautiful wife." His bright white teeth showcase in a smile.

"And still 'til this day, I don't know how I got so lucky." He seems to examine my face - while my heart flutters inside.

I wrinkle my nose in thought, purposefully. "Hm... your car crashed into mine?" I say jokingly, instantly feeling a playful nudge on my arm. I laugh as he does.

"C'mon," he starts huskily again, "I think that opinion has ran it's course, yeah?" He looks out ahead, and absentmindedly, I do too.

That is, until I'm literally swept off my feet. A gasp is sucked in when Rio's tattooed arms wrap around me, and I'm entangled in his masculine warmth. A faint scream escapes me when he spins me around in his hold.

My chest is pressed against his hard, and when he lands still he refuses to let me go, yet. My bare feet are still lifted from the sandy surface of the beach.