45

Victoria

A soft breath escapes, between my parted lips, as Isaiah remains standing - as do I.
The vast room falls silent.

I don't know what exactly I have in mind, of what to say to him, of how exactly I'm going to convince him. I just know his wicked intention is to kill Rio. I can't have that happen. My heart skips a beat against my ribcage, at just the thought of the possibility.

I watch Isaiah peer over to his side; his subtle gaze lingering over his right shoulder. I only gain sight of the side of his sharp jawline, his cheek and his lashes.

"Why are you so infallible when it comes to the possibility of him dying?" He turns around, a cryptic smirk playing about on his lips when his inscrutable brown irises lock on me.

My gaze glares in his direction. "I can think of more reasons than you ever could." I start, beginning in my steps near him.
But I don't continue to approach him, no, for his proximity is infinitely toxic enough.

I leave ten feet in separation between us; his tall and distinct figure facing me boldly beneath his black v-neck that clings tight onto his skin - and the silver pistol that's inevitable in display, in his grasp.

I suppress swallowing the lump in my throat, at the thought of that pistol's purpose - Isaiah's purpose of it in his hands.

I won't let him touch Rio.

I part my lips, in preparation of my intention. "Look, can we just...clear the elephant in the room?" I breathe.

Isaiah's deep brown irises squint over in curiosity, at me, yet I pick up the glimmer of mischief flickering within them.

"You remember me." I add, softly, watching him in wait.

Isaiah runs his tongue across his lip, seemingly in thought. That is, before he runs a hand through his ruffled black hair, and his lips plaster a grin.

"Yeah we're not discussing this." He remarks. Just then Isaiah turns around with his gun still in hand, continuing in his determined tracks toward the double doors.

"Wait- you can't kill him!" I exclaim, watching him continue to distance himself.
"And why is that?" He questions lazily, never turning around.
"I already told you!" I raise my tone, just when he twists the doorknob.

"Because he'll kill you!" I yell, when he stops firmly again. But this time, finally, he turns his to meet my warning gaze.

I feel my shoulders tense. Isaiah watches me; the familiar unreadable emotion hiding behind his mysterious irises - as his jaw is set.

I didn't realize the exceeding rate my heart picked up, the blood pumping vigorously in my veins now at the closeness of him leaving to track down Rio. Though I knew, deep down inside, Isaiah wouldn't succeed.

So why am I stopping him?

Suddenly, the grand double doors fly open, before Isaiah. Our gazes immediately jolt ahead.

Standing in front of him is one of his men, I take it, with a stern and solemn expression - his warning gaze steadying on Isaiah.

"Someone broke into the lounge, stole the briefcase of cash." The man informs him, as I listen in. "The guards are chasing after 'em now. They're headed towards the main court-"

Isaiah hurriedly pushes past the guy that holds the information, before he glances back at me. "Come with me." He orders, his tone partially pinched with infallible authority, but a hint of gentleness lingers.