77

Victoria

The new county we've settled in back home is populated and swarming with welcoming people. Ever since Rio and I returned back home, after an unforgettable and cherishing stay at Cancún, almost every single person I've came across - even at the new job - is decent. And no one here, absolutely no one, knows I rule the kingdom I run.

So remaining innocent, yet untraceable in the homely community, I have not once regretted our move - not that I expect to at the slightest. I love it here. And I am undoubtably grateful for the house I was gifted.

And Rio, he's loving it. Taking a swim in our pool almost every other day, and keeping the entire house spotless as a plate of dinner is plastered on the kitchen table's surface every night for me, Rio hasn't failed me at obtaining the gallant husband material he incessantly portrays.

In addition to the ones frequently on my mind, my sister has settled into her official happy place. After selling my old house to Ann, I stumbled across this guy named Carlos at a local fair one day, and the moment he started blabbering on about the latest season of The Bachelor, I gathered the feeling that he'd be perfect for Ann. So that same day, I introduced them.

Ann almost immediately started crushing, profusely. It was nothing she could deny; the way he made her turn into a tomato every time he smiled at her was remarkable.
Soon, and finally, they started dating. So, Carlos has been around every time I stopped by my sister's place - which she of course is taking immense care of - and essentially, Abby seems to love his presence. Therefore, I'm kinda proud of my own self. I love seeing love happen!

OK, enough of claiming credit as to playing Cupid and a content wife over the past month, but I'm just happy. And, excited for the things to come.

This week has been hectic. Lovely, but hectic. The hospital was filled with rushing nurses, awaiting patients, carried blood samples determined to be tested. I've missed this.

And it wasn't Rio that made me quit back then, either. No, that was all on me. I decided to stick by his side and accept any and everything that came with him - and that included running our business. So stating the obvious, being this queen became my job.

But now living in the outskirts of the city and not having the need to maintain much of a low profile, I'm taking this as a fresh start. And I haven't regretted starting my career over one bit.

Now, in the driver seat of my car on the way home after another long day at work, my finger is incessantly tapping on the steering wheel's surface from the accelerating excitement bubbling up inside me. I can't wait to see my husband. In my passenger seat sits a thoughtful gift for him, just because. I think he'll love it!

I turn past the corner of a memorial wooden bench and onto the street that's aligned with slim autumn trees on either side; their red and orange leaves delicately diffusing from their homely branches and claiming territory on the leafy ground.

And seconds later, my home comes to view. The yard is canvased in the withering leaves - it was more of my decision to not rake them up - who can? I think the autumn leaves are such a beautiful sight.

The house's tall and red brick foundation brings jitters to my stomach. I still can't believe this is my home! The black shutters on each front window are open, and so are the white sheer curtains, bringing to my knowledge the sunlight that's already beaming perfectly inside.

Beginning to pull into the driveway, a smile powerfully tugs at my lips as I see the front door start to open. By the time his tall silhouette comes to view I put my car in park, and I can't tear my fond gaze away.