31

Victoria

I wake with a start, feeling the renewed sunlight peeping through the blinds from my window warm the angles of my face. The room is silent, surrounding my rested aura with nothing but peace.

But the aroma creeping through the slightly opened bedroom door is unusual, yet comforting and -resulting in my mere chapped lips to twitch- quite wondrous. The alluring scent of breakfast, pancakes and bacon, I gather, curl around my nostrils.

I stretch, and when I do the empty space on the other side of the bed brings me to sudden realization; the gangster's absence bringing a quick frown to my face.

I lazily toss the blanket off of me, and hop out of bed. Minutes after preparing for the day and later entering the wide corridor, I begin in my steps down the stairs. And as soon as I reach that last step, I gain sight of the kitchen; the sweet homey aroma instantly becoming stronger.

Behind the kitchen island, and with his back turned as he focuses on the stove before him, Rio stands vesturing...an apron? My lips immediately curve upward in awe - and slight amusement.

Wearing one of his button down t-shirts, large enough for conformity on my shorter frame, I walk up behind him - wide smile tugging at my lips. Without hesitation, I wrap my arms around his hard torso. He doesn't tense.

Turning around with a genuine smile already plastered, Rio meets my lucky gaze. 

"Good morning, beautiful." He starts fondly, following after a perceptive once over. He cocks a brow, his embracive arms pulling me into him. "Sleep well?"

"I did," I answer, biting down on my lip when I peer up at his full lips from my tip toes, "you?" I ask in turn, giving him a gentle peck on the lips. "Mhm..." He sounds, fluttering his deep brown eyes shut when he kisses me harder.

My fingers curl around his hot arms, just below the short sleeves of the navy blue shirt he portrays - underneath my burrowed white apron. His plump, luscious lips part from my own - his glimmering irises penetrating when they lock onto my settle gaze.

The gangster glances in between either of my light brown irises, that long for every part of him. "You ready to head out later?" He questions, watching me intently, his bright teeth tugging at his own lip.

"Yeah about that, what happened to that being 'first thing in the morning'?" I ask curiously, remembering his sweet suggestion yesterday.

Rio chuckles - contagiously summoning a wide smile from me when his perfectly white teeth appear to view again - throwing his head back while doing so.

He fixates his chocolate brown irises on me again when I snake my arms around his tattooed neck. "Yeah, when I got up I thought I'd surprise you." He drags lowly, sweeping his tongue across his lips for moisture, a moment. The gangster shrugs under my arms.

"How 'bout tonight?" He asks, his tone husky and soothing.

"Tonight sounds perfect." I respond, too softly, before I grin and remove my arms from his toned shoulders. "And you did surprise me, by the way..." I pipe, heading toward the kitchen island. I claim a barstool, leaning over the cool granite countertop as I watch him. I decide to take my time sending his tall figure a once over.

His jawline is sharp with dark stubs of hair surfacing, merely thicker than they once were before. I noticed he doesn't like to shave often. It's like he knows when the beard and light mustache becomes just the perfect length, or long enough before the time comes for him to shave it. And the short black hair on his head; well-kept, thick and soft.

A smile still tugs at his full lips, when he turns around to slide the pancakes from off the pan and onto a glass plate. He pushes the plate stacked with three pancakes, with a couple strips of bacon alongside, towards me.

I watch Rio grasp onto a coffee mug, claiming the ceramic glass just before he heads over to me. Beside me, the empty barstool soon becomes occupied. 

My smile literally can't falter, and I glance down at the meal before me. "Thank you for this." I state gratefully, peeking over at the gangster.

Hungrily, the gang leader licks his lips; and I'm unsure whether this visible hunger is for the actual food plated in front of him...

Slowly, he flicks his deep brown irises on me. "Anything for the queen." He drags huskily, holding my gaze. His orbs are swirling with an infinite passion, burning right through me. The gangster clears his throat.

"Look I know this stuff between the other gang probably ain't over...but I'm ready for tonight." Rio smirks - lips quirking up by the second. "It'll be..."

"Fun." I finish instead, taking a bite of my bacon strip and smiling at the gangster as he watches me. Rio never tames his grin, as he nods in agreement. I reach over for the mug he placed in front of me - as the other ceramic glass is in his hold.

I take a small sip of the warm satisfaction. "So what will we be doing before then?" I ask, keeping the ceramic near my lips.

Rio sucks in a sharp breath, when he takes his fork in hand, peering down imperceptibly at his pancakes when his full lips part. "I'm gonna teach you how to counterfeit your cash." He exhales casually, before digging into the short stack on the granite countertop before his relaxed frame.

Either of my brows arch up, as I process his words.

---

Its been so long you guys!! But i'M bAcK!!!!! Missed you :')

Thank you so much for reading and hope you enjoyed. Chapter 32 is already up!! Enjoy!

Lots of love,

xx