59

Victoria

Immense and infinite, the silence fluxes in the wide and unfamiliar room. I stand between two beds, arms crossed against my steady chest.

I glance over to the left side of me, to the bed that holds a reclined and resting body. I think back to when Isaiah's arm held me against him strongly, against my will. And when I was severely petrified of him shooting Rio. I can feel that anger still pulsating within me.

When my light brown eyes flick over to a sleeping Rio, who lays amongst the bed on my right side, my heart skips a beat. The sight of him injured, with a white bandage over his bare torso, sends me back to the very moment the alerting gunshot went off - and I watched him tumble back onto the floor.

I felt as if I grew weak in that moment, like I had no strength left in me to throw a hard hit at Isaiah. But when my knees trembled and I got down next to my fiancé, I spotted my golden gun that he lost the time the shoot. I grabbed it, with shaking hands. And I think my hands are still merely quivered... I don't know maybe it's just me.

But I did what I had to do - what I felt was right. Isaiah wasn't in his place to pull the trigger in the first place, nonetheless push me up against a wall like he did beforehand.

And as I peer between both wounded men, I can't help but to feel guilt. If I hadn't went there in the first place... Rio wouldn't of gotten shot. He wouldn't of been on some bed in Chris's place.

I didn't know what else to do. I couldn't drive to the hospital due to Rio's, and my own, gang symbolizing tattoo. Nor hurry to my house, without the proper medical equipment to save their lives. So the first thing I did was call Chris.

I'm just grateful he's OK...
My brown eyes settle on my fiancé, seeing his resting eyes. I walk over to the bed he lies on. Pulling the soft bedsheet over his sleeping figure, I hear the boor behind me open. Quiet footsteps soon follow behind.

"Glad we decided to keep this medical machinery a while back, along with the extra beds. We had it handed to us from a doctor we knew... least to say he use to be with us." Chris starts lowly, behind my back.

"And I'm glad that I still pick up on my medical practices." I respond quietly, feeling my lips slightly twitch when I finish blanketing Rio's frame. When I turn around, I spot Chris Attwood standing next to the door, fifteen feet or so away from me from where the bedside lamp reflects on his face.

I head in his direction, folding my arms. A faint sigh escapes me when I approach his side.
"Nah, I think we both know we're just glad he's alright." Attwood whispers, peering out at his best friend - his brother. I follow his solemn gaze.

"You did the right thing by calling me." Chris states. I meet his dark irises again to watch them contact mine. I send him a small smile, shortly before offering a half nod.

"Now if only you left behind this guy," he concludes, gesturing towards Isaiah. I let out a humorless laugh, as my light brown irises lock onto Chris's apologetically.

"As much as I thought about it... I couldn't leave him there knowing there was this huge possibility of him dying." I say softly, glimpsing at Isaiah. His eyes are resting shut, too. "I don't think I can ever do that to a person."

"You have a good heart." Attwood tells me, sending me a grin. I crack a smile in return. "Really. The world needs more people like you. I know Rio does..." he whispers.

I look at Chris again, next to my side, and I take in a smooth breath. "I'm the one who got him where he is now... in some hospital bed frankly." I point gently.