3

Victoria

As I walk the isle of the grand plane, I finally locate two seats available next to a window. I scoot in, and the gangster claims the seat next to me. His relaxed frame is close; his warmth radiating, consuming. And I already prepare myself for a long ride - with him.

I glance over, watching Rio gaze ahead with a clenched jaw before his gaze meets mine. I notice his structured features soften when his fiery and burnished irises finally hold my own. I swallow lightly, my gaze flicking down to spot the closed duffle bag behind his feet on the floor of the plane.

I raise my brows. "You know that can't be out here, right? All luggage has to be tucked away up there." I gesture toward the storage hold above me, alike any air flight.

The gangster licks his full lips, following my gaze to glance at the mini storage closets above each and every seat. Then he blinks his dark lashes back down onto me again. "Right." He begins lowly, watching me another moment longer before he finally stands.

I watch the gangster come to a firm stand, out of his seat, leaning over and nearing my closed legs to reach for the duffle bag - the gangster's warm breath tingles my skin. Just breathe, Victoria...
He grips the straps of the heavy bag, smoothly lifting it up without any brief sign of struggle. I can't tear my gaze from his tall frame; his dangerously fine figure pulsating every vein in my body by the sight of him.

In his dark button down shirt, Rio slightly reaches up to open the storage holder above our very own seats - as the straps of the duffle bag are grasped into his other hand - the rem of his shirt begins to rise.

I swallow, mentally telling myself to look away. Wait...why? Why force myself to not admire something that's mine?

Merely, I shake my head to rid my inner thoughts; only for my lips to twitch from the fact that he is mine. I'm his. This passion is inevitable...I simply can't shake it. Him and I know it was infallibly already established, this status.

I don't avert my longing gaze, I can't. Rio's shirt is rising up by the second, his tanned skin peeking as the V-line reveals. My skin immediately heats up.

I still have hours to survive on this stupid plane.

I swallow softly again, tucking a strand of my brown hair behind an ear. Rio shoves the bag up there, above me, and I watch him close the cabinet. He shifts to return to his seat beside me and I quickly revert my gaze to the window next to me.

Once he's seated, I feel the gangster's eyes lingering on me as I gaze out of the thick glass; the endless tree lines afar begin to canvas a blur as the plane starts to move.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seatbelts and prepare for lifting. I repeat, please fasten your seatbelts, we are taking flight." A polite female voice announces over the speakers, and I take in a smooth breath for preparation.

I face ahead, my stomach plummeting just before my leg begins to shake in an anxious fashion. Gently, I throw my head back onto the comfortable seat and close my eyes.

I hear the gangster let out an amused chuckle beside me. "You know, the flight on the way to get you wasn't anything compared to this." Rio starts next to me. "Nah, this is much better." He adds ever so huskily - and my heart flutters at his words. I peel open one eye, yet still very nervous, peeking at the gangster beside me.

"It is?" I ask, my voice slightly cracked. I catch sight of Rio's full lips that twitch, before he nods in return.

Rio sighs in his seat. "Come on, ma. It ain't that bad." He reassures, just as his hand reaches out lazily to land on my own on the armrest between either of our seats. With the gangster's warm hand on mine, his fingers deliberately curl in between my own - intertwining my fingers with his.

I flutter open both of my eyes as my gaze trails onto our joined hands, my heart hammering brutally in turn.

When I flick my brown irises onto his relaxed frame, his full lips are tugging upward - failing at suppressing a soon apparent smile. His luscious lips are curving into something genuine, and I love it.

I briefly lick my lips, and relax my shoulders that were once tense - squeezing my hand in his.

In the moment, I think back at when I saw the gangster in Puerto Rico, the club's pounding music replaying in my mind once more. I remember the sight of his frame under the open doorway as he watched me - he shot my target. I shot my target. Though I can't shake the hesitation beforehand, I recall.

"I don't think I wanted to pull the trigger, you know." I say quietly, when I rest my head on Rio's toned shoulder. I feel him turn slightly, probably looking down at my now eased frame. "I could've, I just didn't want to. I could never want to truly end someone's life...that still just isn't me." I glance up to face the gangster.

His deep brown eyes are searching either of my own. "I know." He states. "Darlin' you don't gotta end no one's life. As long as you know how to protect yourself..."

"Isn't that the cost? Killing?" I ask, still peering up at his deep brown irises.

Rio doesn't peel from my own gaze, and I notice his hardened jaw clench momentarily, before the gangster's full lips part.

"It is when it comes to the people you love." Rio answers, his soothing tone laced in huskiness. Viscously, my heart hammers. Arousing the color in my cheeks to flush, butterflies settle to claim their territory in my stomach simultaneously.

My lips part as I'm lulled into his comforting proximity, his present burnished aura. His words captivated me in a blaze, and I can hardly speak - or at least feel incapable of finding the right words.

As for now, I'm only enhanced in his presence; and I still find myself wanting more.

Against his relaxed frame and resting on his toned shoulder still, my head nods in return. I softly swallow.

Glancing down again at our intertwined fingers, I finally respond.

"Love. That's always what it comes down to, now and forever. And that's factually something I can't avoid, not when it comes to you."

---

Last night was my senior PROM! I had a great time, though I think my junior prom was better.

Q: Do you plan on going to prom / anything special happen when you went?

I'd love to hear back from you, loves. Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed!!

xx