63

Victoria

Yesterday, I remember the mesmerizing taste Rio left on my lips, when he held me close in an empty bedroom of our new home.

Standing amongst the beige colored walls, and glimpsing around a moment, I all of a sudden got this bubbly feeling that I can't quite explain. But I knew then and there, that guiding me to that small bedroom was Rio's way of telling me he wants the same as I do: starting a family.

I was so happy, so excited. I still am. I couldn't ask for a better man... it's as simple as that.

Rio Cortez... I would've never imagined.

Standing on a step of a short ladder, I glance back over my shoulder; seeing the gangster unpack the dishes into the kitchen cabinets. Catching his eyes, I feel my cheeks heat up before I turn around, and hang up the last framed picture upon the wall of the foyer.

Behind my back, I hear footsteps soon approach me. He must've sensed how he was on my mind... and how I miss his usual close proximity.

I force back a smile, before climbing down. But once I reach the last step out of the few, and before my two feet can touch the dark wooden floor, I stumble back onto a hard figure. With warm arms snaking around my waist to save me from the fall, I straighten on my own two feet, and I turn around.

With my chest pressed against Rio's, as he stands in his dark blue button down shirt, my light brown eyes latch onto my fiancé's. His tall figure doesn't step back, not that I'm wanting him to. Instead, he hovers - causing my pounding heart to race wildly.

My smaller hands rest on his warm skin, across his embracive arms. His masculinity lulls me into a deep and blissful trance - to the point where I feel addicted, and I don't want him to let go.

Rio's warm irises stare down at me intently. "We've been unpackin' all day." He starts lowly. "Time for a break don't you think?"

I curl my lip, suppressing a small grin. "There's only a few more boxes. After them we can have at it." I peer up on my tippy toes to quickly peck the gangster's full lips. "What do you say?" I form a warm smile.

I watch Rio's lips quirk upward, before he sweeps his tongue across them. "Alright." He whispers against me, before I catch a glimpse of his warm chocolate eyes flicking down to my lips.

But too suddenly, the gangster spins around on his feet before walking off. And just when I decide to focus on hanging the rest of the pictures again, I hear my fiancé clear his throat behind me.

"I'll um, be in the pool." Rio informs me lowly, his husky tone barely audible - and I take it as a teasing whisper. When I turn around he's walking towards the back door, trailing his finger along the hard wall on his way - earning a deep swallow from me in return.

Holding onto the framed picture in my hands tight, I watch the gangster open the glass door, but I can still see him as he steps out. Rio unbuttons his dark shirt - his back still facing me from afar - before he allows for the navy blue fabric to slide off his arms. Rio's toned back becomes my view - the corners of the picture frame piercing my skin in my tightening grip.

And my lips absentmindedly twitch, as the sight of my fiancé disappears into the outside. Soon forming a smirk in defeat, I sit the frame down before biting my lip.

Glancing down to see the tight jean shorts I vesture, below my red tank top, I carelessly shrug to myself, before pinning my brown hair up into a disheveled bun. I do own a few bathing suits, but I don't think I have the patience of rushing upstairs right now and slipping on one before I join Rio.

So walking up to the glass back door, I let the hot Summer sunlight smack against my arms, shoulders, and legs, as I make my way toward the pool.

It's huge - and immensely wide with puny signs alongside the pool walls informing it's deepness. My light brown eyes scan across the side that reads 3 feet, and I trail my gaze all the way to the end of the calm water, that reads 7 feet. And on that end, with his bare shoulders peeking out of the water's surface, is Rio.

A genuine smile quickly tugs at my lips, when his dark brown irises latch onto mine. Deciding to tug off my red tank top in the private back yard, I let it fall onto the large hardwood back porch before I step off, and continue in my tracks to near the lulling in-ground pool that holds my handsome fiancé.

In my red bra and shorts, my toes slip into the warm water; my lightly tanned legs soon sinking into the clear blue abyss before I swim to the pool's center.

Nearing Rio's tall figure, his dark brown eyes watch me intently from where he leans back against the cemented pool wall - like he's just patiently waiting for my arrival. The temporary distance between us now feels infinite.

Deliberately swimming up to him, my nose barely peeking out from the water, my pulse begins to feel more and more alive; the hot blood within pumping and rushed as Rio doesn't move. Instead he waits for me.

The soles of my feet can no longer touch the ground of the pool, while I swim forward to come to a stop. Although I am now inches from the gangster, and without having his body up against mine, I can feel his warm breath on my flushed cheeks.

Close but not close enough to him, I feel my heart hammer behind my ribcage as my wet body is in front of Rio's own. And I didn't realize that my gaze had been studying Rio's lips ever since I neared his relaxed frame.

My fiancé causes my gaze to avert onto his own longing eyes when he encloses the space between our bodies. His chocolate brown irises are latched on mine, when his bare chest presses against me, and I feel his hands beneath the water lace around my waist.

Snaking my arms over the gangster's shoulders and around his neck, I feel Rio's hot breath hit my lips when he hoists me up. I note that his full lips are dripping with the pool's water, and I then think I won't be able to tear my gaze from off of them.

My legs are enveloping Rio's waist, while he leans in ever so slowly. And in the moment, a realization occurs to me:

I didn't think two people could say 'I love you' so clearly without physically letting the words roll from their tongue.

But boy are we consuming it. And I'll be darned if he doesn't feel this exotic feeling, too.

Rio's palm presses flat against my lower back, and just when I thought he couldn't pull me any closer to him he does. His dripping plump lips are gently contacting mine.

And my brown eyes flutter up to meet his. His longed eyes hold an inevitable spark, a consuming flame. Then, when we find ourselves going for it simultaneously, our lips connect.

Controlled by desire, my moistened lips dance across his own hard and slow, as him and I share low and ragged breaths.

I'm sure to devour his warmth, his masculinity, his unique taste, as if there were no tomorrow. He seems to do the same.

Rio squeezes onto my thighs that his hardening body is between, before his domineering hands squeeze my behind. Kissing me deeply, a low moan soon escapes the gangster's swelling lips.

But shortly after, too soon - and unexpectedly - the alerting sound of a doorbell being rung causes me to suddenly part my lips from his.

My attention jolts to the back door of the house, knowing that across from it and at our house's front, someone's at the front door in wait.

Still pressed against Rio, I look to the gangster; the clear confusion evident upon my face as he shares a curious glance too.

---

Hello darlings! It's been too long, I know! A WEEK! A full week... that's a record! A... bad... one. XD

Hope you enjoyed, loves! As usual your votes, comments, and shares make me smile and make me happy! So please feel free to spread the love! :)

Much, much love!

xx