64

Victoria

Throwing back on the red tank top I vestured earlier, I follow behind Rio as he makes his way back into the house after we got out the pool.

Curiosity consumes me as to who could be ringing the doorbell, since we only moved in yesterday. Well, my only guess would be Ann, because of course I informed her of the new place, and I know she probably wants to see it.

But knowing my sister, she would make herself at home, and just walk in herself. Door bells have never been her thing. Same goes for knocking.

Rio's warm irises drift onto mine as he leads the way across the living room. I watch his swollen lips quirk up a moment after his inevitable gaze pulled me from my ponder.

"Whoever this is could've pushed the time to visit elsewhere... I was lookin' forward to taking you upstairs." Rio smirks, turning around completely to take my hands into his.

I absentmindedly form a genuine smile while he encloses the small space between us; pulling me close to press my own body against his. I giggle as I'm enveloped in the gangster's warmth - not wanting him to pull away. But I know we have a person waiting outside, whomever it may be.

Rio glimpses at my lips for a sliver of a second, before spinning around again and coming up to the front door. My light brown perceptive eyes flick down to his tan and bare back, a moment, and I endure gazing at the toned muscles at the back of my fiancé.

But the front door swings open quick, and my gaze, and undivided attention, jolts to the all too familiar face outside the open doorway.

"Chris!" Rio and I start simultaneously in utter surprise. I guess neither of us expected Rio's best man to show up this soon.

And, I immediately notice the unusual smile of excitement upon Attwood's face. Then I really wonder what he's doing here.

After he pulls Rio into a brotherly hug, I accept his friendly hug in greet afterwards. Rio gestures for Chris to come inside, when Chris finally begins whilst walking past us.

"After you sent me the address to your new place," Chris glances at either of us, "I figured I could share with you guys some fantastic news." He finishes, and his dark eyes land on Rio after.

Attwood clasps his hands together once Rio shuts the front door, and follows Chris into the living room. I make myself comfortable on the couch that Chris sits across from.

"And what fantastic news might that be?" Rio starts huskily, sitting next to me and resting an arm over my shoulder.

Chris takes in a breath. "Our family's vacationing in Port Huron." He says, watching his brother in wait. I instinctively raise my brows in surprise, and turn to see my fiancé's expression.

Rio sits beside me quietly, his thick brows cocked as well, and I spot his full lips tug into a warm smile. He glances over to meet my eyes - a spark of excitement and surprise flickering behind his chocolate brown irises while he does.

I wonder what he's thinking at the moment, but he glances ahead at Chris again before I can ask.

I never met Rio's family... and I guess from how independent he is, keeping to himself since the day that I met him, I haven't really thought about it much.

I remember the little he informed me of about them though. His actual original family was killed, so Chris's family took him in. They raised him, which makes them Rio's family.