53

Victoria

Wedding planning?!

Now, my heart pounds fast and wild behind my chest from Rio's recent words.

After glancing at Ann who's peering down with wide eyes at the red liquid that's splattered across the island, my gaze jolts toward my fiancé next to me. An amused grin tugs at his full lips as he's glancing between both my sister and I. The gangster's toned figure beneath my fingertips vibrates from the chuckle he sounds.

I stare at him with raised brows, watching him sweep his tongue across his lips before he settles on my shocked gaze.

"I'm joking, darlin'." He says smoothly, against me. "Well to plan the wedding so soon, I mean. But we gotta think about this stuff. Just think in about a few more months you'll be Mrs. Cortez." He smiles charmingly, before he pulls me into him.

Rio captures my pink lips in a soft kiss, and I find my pulse quickening. I gently pull away; resting a hand upon his chest as either of his own hands are grasping my waist.

"Rio exactly, we have months to think about all of this." I say softly, holding his gallant gaze.

"True..." He says lowly, when I watch his dark brown eyes flick down to my pink lips. "I'm just excited, is all." He finishes huskily, biting down on his lip.

I feel my own quirk up, when I take both of my hands and reach up to cup his face. I make his twinkling gaze align with my own.

"It'll happen, and the day will come sooner than you know." I assure him, gazing between his lulling brown eyes - the set of irises that I've missed immensely over the long and dreadful hours of yesterday.

"Until then, and even all the years after that, I love you." I add clearly, not hesitating to captivate his full lips on my own. I can feel Rio smile against me - resulting in my heart to hammer; the passion in my veins intense and electrifying.

"And until you guys learn how to get a room, I'll be on the couch." I hear my sister say, and I peel my lips from Rio's to see her wiping up the last bit of spilled wine.

Ann tosses the drenched paper towels into the trash, on her way past us. Her boots kick ahead of her as he nears the kitchen archway.
"Oh, and as for the wedding planning when the time comes," she sighs whilst spinning on her heels to face us; her hazel specks glistening with anticipation once they fixate on me, "I'll be more than glad to." She says confidently - her glossy lips twitching afterward.

I send my sister a small smile, and a half nod soon follows. I watch her spin around again to head into the living room.

I tug at my lip, turning to face Rio again as he still holds me close in his strong arms. His dark brown irises are dancing with contentment, as they search my own.

"Blondie's gonna plan our wedding huh," he starts huskily, his hands comfortably rubbing against my back in circular motions, "who would've thought?" He says - failing miserably at holding back his familiar smirk. I giggle against him, before I plant a gentle kiss on his cheek.

"She'll do great." I playfully smack his arm, before spinning around and jogging into the living room after my sister.

--

Around five hours have passed since Rio arrived home with dinner, and now, the house is silent, and the serenity is at ease and peaceful. It's been too long since I've had the chance to lay down as I am, with my body sprawled across the couch in my living room.