8

Victoria

I stand with my arms folded firmly across my chest. In my kitchen, I keep my distance from the gangster as either of my feet are planted almost ten feet on the dark wooden floor from where he stands.

As soon as we arrived here, I came into the kitchen only to put away the $25,000 that was once on the granite countertop of my kitchen island - and the gangster watched my every move.

I didn't speak to him, not even on the ride back home. I didn't know what to say. He cut me off back there at his gang's place, covering for me, that in which I didn't ask for.

Maybe he was afraid that they would blame me for this new gang's approach, I wonder again, but still - that wasn't his choice to make.

I shot that man in Puerto Rico, too. It wasn't just Rio, as he informed his boy's falsely of.

In this very area of my house, Rio has been trying to start any form of small talk, all the while I was rushing to avert the dirty cash somewhere safer - in which Ann's earlier suggestion reappeared in my mind - and I emptied three of my cereal boxes only to pile them with the unclean stacks of green.

Now, the gangster's dark irises are glinting quite mischievously, watching me from across the room. I don't tear my intent gaze from him.

Rio plants his hands into either pocket of his dark jeans, licking his full lips when he sends me a firm once over.

I watch him easily lift the rem of his shirt up under his black leather jacket, only to grip an object to pull it from the rem of his jeans - a golden gun visible now in his grip. I watch him carefully, as he takes a couple steps up to the island, placing the golden gun on it's smooth surface. His deep dark brown eyes never unlatch from my own.

"You dropped this during our little vacation in Puerto Rico, when you turned around just after you pulled that trigger, and you saw me behind you." Rio begins lowly, biting down on his lip.

"It slipped from your hand, before you ran up to me. And I pulled you in, tight." He adds, voice laced with huskiness, his eyes twinkling with a longing desire - an inevitable desire.

I blink at the gangster, standing in silence, but I want to beg him to stop.

"You were pressed against me darlin', hard. And it reminded me of the time I first brought you into my old place, and showed you upstairs. You remember that?" He continues, and my heart pounds brutally against my chest, at a dangerous rapid speed.

Rio sends another deliberate, hungry once over - over my tense figure. He doesn't take his eyes off my body.

"I pressed you up against my wall." He drags huskily, beginning to take another step across the room. I swallow lightly, unmoving. "There was a few bitings, here and there..." He teases in remembrance, as I watch him bite down lustfully on his lip again.

Then Rio's full luscious lips curve upward, watching me gallantly. "You were incredible, darlin'." He says lowly, following behind a smirk.

The gangster takes another deliberate, dangerous step my way, and I decide to take one as well - when my back hits the cold wall.

And within a blink of an eye, Rio smoothly lands before me - his taller frame now hovers. I suck in a breath at his dangerously lulling proximity, as he remains close, too close.

I feel the warm of his hard chest gently brush against my own. I unfold my crossed arms, letting them fall to either of my sides. Anger pipes in every vein as we now breathe in the same air - for my only duty was to keep my distance from him, for the rest of the day.

Now look where that got us.

I see his chocolate brown irises flick down onto my pink lips, and his gaze lingers there for a while. I force my steady gaze onto his eyes, breathing rapidly against him.

"Why did you lie to them?" I start, trying so hard to shift this risky subject.

But Rio's eyes never peel from my pink lips.

"You told them that you alone shot the man," I swallow against him. "In Puerto Rico. You lied."

"I lied?" He questions after me, lowly, huskily. And I can't help but to feel he's still portraying this teasing manner - when I feel the warmth of his hand land on my waist. I tense again, just when his hand slips up my shirt.

I try backing up as much as I can, but the wall is there, hard in refusal, preventing.

His touch on my bare skin, beneath my shirt, sends a galvanizing bullet to course me, and I instantly freeze.

No, he can't win.

His warm breath trickles on my forehead. "God, I love you." He breathes lowly against me.

Immediately, my pulse quickens, rather dangerously. And my throat tightens - as I am now completely and utterly flustered.

Did he just...say...?

Rio trails his other hand to my chin, slowly lifting it up for me to look straight into his eyes, though I was all along - fighting the urge to flick my gaze down onto those full, luscious...

No. I just...can't....

He wins enough.

Rio peers his gaze onto my brown eyes, watching me intently; his dark irises clouded with hunger.

"I told them because I love you, darlin'." The gangster clarifies, again - unexpectedly. His voice is low still, and husky against me as he holds my gaze.

His dark brown eyes burn into my own, and I feel his hand slowly trail up my shirt higher and higher, skin on skin - my heart hammering vigorously - cheeks blushing profusely.

---

Hey! I am back loves!! Sorry for the wait!! But I hope you enjoyed, more to come! ;)

Vote for more!!!!
Much love!

xx