66

Victoria

"You nervous?" Tall and content Rio peers his gaze over to me - a flicker of excitement beaming within his dark brown eyes as he plasters a cherishing smile.

I swallow next to my fiancé's side, as we stand firm outside of his parent's front door. I shake my head.

"No." I take in a breath, remaining latched onto the gangster's lulling eyes. "Not really. I have you with me so," the corner of my lips quirk up, "I'm OK."

Earning a irresistible smile in return from Rio, I feel his warm and comforting hand grasp my own, as he curls his fingers around each of mine. For a moment I think I feel my heart skip a beat.

Then, the unfamiliar front door is swung open. I feel my naked shoulders slightly tense.

OK, maybe I am nervous after all.

Absentmindedly, my hand mercilessly squeezes his.

A man who stands tall to Rio's height begins with a welcoming and very wide smile - that seems to appear much wider when he glances at me after he does Rio. I watch the man's dark and twinkling eyes avert down to our locked hands.

"Pops," My fiancé starts next to me, his warm hand soon slipping from mine when he goes to pull the man into a hug. I feel my lips twitch as I watch the two of them.

"Rio! How have you been?" The man's deep voice travels down the small front porch I stand upon while the two chuckle cheerly. And as the two greet each other for the first time in a long time, I notice the severe resemblance of Rio's Pops and Chris. The two share the similar style of a shiny bald head, and intimidating dark brown - merely black - bold eyes.

Once the two men release each other, Pop's familiarly dark eyes fixate on me. He smiles a warm yet mischievous smile.

"You must be the girl." He says, searching my light brown eyes. I shelter in a light breath, before nodding and sending the man a small smile. When I release an airy chuckle the two men laugh after as the three of us smile.

"I am." I finally answer.

"Oh! Are they here Micheal?" A woman's piping voice sounds from behind the man's back as he stands in the open doorway. "Are they-"

She comes to view, moving past Pop's tall and buff figure. Her light hazel irises dance between either Rio and I, and she immediately forms a smile.

"You're here!" She beams, hurriedly pulling Rio into a welcoming embrace as if she's about to loose him. Rio hugs her tight.

"Good to see you, Mom." Rio breaks into a genuine smile.

"Oh my! You brought her!" She squeals, gently but quickly letting him go and jolting her gaze onto me. I offer my soon-to-be mother-in-law a toothy smile, standing before her.

Her excited hazel eyes pierce mine. I stand still.

"I'm so glad to finally meet you." She walks over to me; her straight brown hair tucked away behind her ears for her perceptive and excited eyes to showcase.

I keep my smile plastered as I watch her look at me a moment longer, that is, until I notice her bright eyes start to water. But her small and admiring smile is still showing.

"You're the one that loves him as he is." She hurriedly wipes away the tear that just slipped, stopping in her tracks before me. "You're the one that he let in." She then grins, deliberately pulling me into a hug shortly after.