34

Victoria

Throwing my head back gently enough to not dishevel my chestnut waves, a relieved sigh escapes my bare lips, as I reach for my purse in between Rio's driver seat and the passenger.

"I'm so glad I finally have those sticky things off my hands." I say, recalling the thin latex material that was drenched in the dark blue chemical. Eventually feeling the cool leather at my fingertips, I plunge out my purse to open it in search for my lipstick, soon pulling out the tool with such a crimson shade inside, before bringing it to my lips.

But as I focus ahead of me, steadying my gaze on the providing mirror, I spot Rio throw a quick glance in my direction, by my peripheral vision, before he glances again only to stay in the observant position - when he should be focused on the road.

"Whoa you don't need that." I hear him start, and I jerk my attention onto him - who watches me with mere distaste.
"Rio, I barely wear makeup you know this and I saw you send me like two glances as if you saw a ghost just chill it's just makeup-"

"You don't need it, sweetheart you're beautiful just put it away." He argues, his soothing voice husked, before I can blurt anything else again. I purse my pink lips into a thin line, tossing the lip equipment back into my purse; in simple defeat.

"Now, the green band symbols what?" He tests, dropping subject and resulting in my young airways to diffuse an exasperated breath.
"Real money." I answer sternly.

"And red. What does red symbolize?" He adds in curiosity, testing my new sense of knowledge of the counterfeiting process.
"You asked me this about ten times, love. I think I pretty much have it covered..."

I peer over to the gangster, who's focused ahead, and observe his hard jawline clench. He quickly sweeps his tongue across his full lips, before he takes in a sharp breath. "What does red mean?"

"Red means it's fake. If it's got a red band it's the fake cash." I answer correctly, returning my gaze to the byway he turns onto ahead. I tug at my lip, when all of a sudden my stomach turns with a pinch of excitement...and nervousness. "Sooooo..." I lean over, nearing his relaxed and suited figure in a flirtatious manner. I rest my hand on his knee, while I nibble on his ear. "Where are you taking me?" I ask - curiosity getting the best of me.

Rio slightly tenses at my seductive touch, my nibbling action causing his dark lashes to merely flutter almost, in pleasure. However, his full lips twitch, before quirking up, and he smiles smugly.

"You'll see when we get there, darlin'." He whispers.

Welp, I tried.

I decide to peck him on the cheek, before throwing myself back into the seat comfortably. "Well, I'm excited-"
I'm cut off completely, by the sight before us. Rio pulls up to a vast canopy that's stood for visible entrance to an open building behind it. And from where I'm seated, I can gain sight of the hanging lights that create a dimly lit - romantically dimly lit - space for the small tables that are aligned.

I can't hide my awed smile, and I turn to face Rio. Just when he parks the car, Rio locks onto my surprised gaze. He already knows what I'm feeling - the gratitude, the speechlessness, the overwhelming desire to squeeze him tight - from his forming smile. Taking off his seatbelt, he exits the car casually - I, however, want to squeal at the top of my lungs.

He makes his way over, later pulling the car door open for me, and I step out. But before he can shut the door, I remember my purse between our seats, and stop him. "I left my purse!" I remind him. Rio furrows either of his thick brows, holding my gaze.
"You can leave it, ma ain't no one gonna touch it." He tries assuring, but my hesitation still suffices. And evidently, it's expressed, from the cocky smirk playing about on his luscious lips now. "Oh I'd love to see someone try and break in." He says lowly.

In turn, I send him a dumbfounded glance, before rolling my brown eyes, and turning around to begin in my tracks toward the lulling canopy. "And there goes the cockiness, you know I really-"

A sudden smack is spanked across my butt, in interruption, and I quickly spin on heels and face him again. Now in front of me, and standing firm in his fresh suit and tie, Rio sends my body a complimenting once over, deliberately. I stare at him with my brows raised - and try so hard to suppress my returning smile. But I fail miserably at showcasing a solemn expression, for my pink lips twitch at the sight of his slightly tensed frame.

Then he breaks into a mischievous smile - of course it's contagious. I hurriedly spin back around on my black heels, to avoid his intensifying gaze, and continue in my steps. And it only takes a split second, for him to follow into step beside me - placing his arm over either of my shoulders, and summoning an etched smile upon my face as we walk under the canopy enwrapped in white and red flowers; the thornless vines curling around it's dark metal surface in perfect acceptance.

---

ANOTHER ONE -

*says in DJ Khaled voice*

Lol hope you enjoyed, loves. Have a spectacular night, and I shall write more to ya soon!!!

Q: DO YOU LIKE SOFT RIO?

Much, much love!

xx