A One Piece of Adventure

I do not own One Piece. This is just for fun.

I'm going to start with that I don't own One Piece. It is the property of Eichiro Oda. I do give myself a Devil's Fruit power, the Kaji-kaji fruit that gives me the fruit and nut powers.

Ok so fair warning the opening is really dark. I mean bad but the story gets better. This is in the realm of reborn into another world scenario.

Heh so this is how it ends? I thought looking up at the eyes. I look up at the eyes of my little brother the eyes of my baby brother I loved and cared for when I was little. As I think I grew up and failed to fit the mold enough for them or their role they wanted.

Flashback

When I woke up that day and I was in a great mood and was going to be a great day. I take my hormones, shower and pick out a cute outfit. It was the first day of my new job. I finally had a chance to prove what I can do. Another car speeds along and cars pass that looked a lot like my own and I then pass a police cruiser.  it's lights turn on my heart sinks excellent time for you to work by being trans and Alabama every police officer was the source of anxiety.

I reach in to my glove box and pull out my registration. I mentally prepare for the coming question when I see my drivers license and then look at me. I swallow and pray that it's not somebody from my past. As the officer is walking up, he removes the hat and sunglasses and I do a double take and see it's my baby brother I'm stunned as I look in his face. I say his name and he gives me the angriest look I have ever received from anybody anybody in my entire life.

"Get out freak!" the officer says.

As I start getting out I get pistol whipped. My vision swims and I start to fall toward him. It's almost like he wanted me to fall towards him. I look at his face as he yells at me. As he kicks me I hear stuff like.

"Freak!, Useless fag! Should have accepted your role! You broke her heart!," he yells.

As he pulls out his gun he unloads his clip. I feel my crotch get the first. "There you don't need it anyway," he laughs before putting a bullet in my head.

I know I'm going to die and for some reason I can't help but feel like I failed him.  Then I'm in a white world.

I suddenly feel a ship rocking under my feet. I look up as I feel the sun. A flash of heat moves across my face and I'm staring at a man with a large black mustache.

"Hehe so you are the traveler the D wants to add to my nephew successor's crew," the man laughs. "Do you have what it takes to help him see it all and become king girl or do you have your own sites set on it?"

I smile and grab a rope. I swing myself up with an ease I had only dreamt of. I find myself in a weird intersection of a ship and the street of Marinford. I stand with my feet on the ropes. I stare at the man as he sits on the gallows stand, His feet dangling.

I look at him mildly starry eyed, "You mean I get to see the Great Blue, fight the Navy, team up with Luffy and the others?"

I then find my foot twisting and I'm hanging upside down with a smile. He seems to laugh as I dangle with a smile still on my face. I stick my hand out and seem able to shake his hand, "Deal!"

"Hehe well aren't you a fun one. Good luck you little nut. Good luck Kara D. Ryu," he says as he takes my hand. He then pulls me back and throws me.

Timeskip

I stretch and yawn. I smile as I look out at the Marine base I call home. Well I say home but this place is practically a prison.

I pull out my journal and start writing down the reoccurrence of meeting Roger again. I've had the dream every year on my birthday for 10 years. There is a bang on the door as a voice calls out, "Karade you better be dressed for training or you won't get cake today."

I sigh and pull my oversized shirt and shorts on. "Ready Uncle Perv," I say.

He bursts in and sees my journal. "Ahh writing more recipes? Or was it that dream," he asks.

"A bit of both," I say in a casual way as I hop down off the bed and proceed to have my legs kicked from under me.

"Hey, What was that for," I ask rubbing my head.

"That was for the laundry incident," he says as he tries to kick me in the air and stubs his toe on a spike nut.

"Hey, those guys demanded berries from me. Then they threatened me to stay quiet. I just made sure they had some for later," I say as I sat on the bed again.

"Well now I have over 100 sailors with pink uniforms," he says kicking the window open.

Looking down I see the entire base's regimen in berry pink uniforms. I start laughing before I am picked up and dangled out of my window.

"Which of you idiots demanded berries from her," Garp demanded. I spot the three instantly but more also cringe and I smile.

"Well you can thank them for your bright uniforms. Now do something about this one," he says as he turns me into a projectile.

"Kaji-kaji berry patch," I yell out as I'm about to make impact. It cushions the fall and thankfully doesn't make as big of a mess but I'm still in a crater.

"Hey! What was that for you monster! I'm not made of rubber or something," I yell.