4. Everlasting

Over the last week, the two boys had managed to spend at least 114 out of 168 hours together. (Subtracting thirty because Harry has school, and the eight hours of sleep the boys managed to get between the seven days.)

So, there they sat on Louis' worn leather couch their legs folded over each other's while The 1975 played softly. (It's became a tradition, really.)

"I want to paint the walls in here. They're so depressing." Louis said, watching Harry's stomach rise and fall with every breath and he wonders how it would feel to be so beautiful and not know it.

"Great idea, what color?" Harry asks as he snakes his hand in his curls, tugging at them and watching them reshape.

"Maybe.. a combination of colors?"

"Like splatter?"

"Yeah!" Louis smiles, his perfect teeth on display. He is perfection.

"I'll help, if you decide to do it!" Harry says, untangling his long legs with the shorter boys and laying his head in smiley Louis' lap.

Louis can't resist the urge to stick his hands in Harrys curls. He earns a hum from him, and Louis wonders what it would be like to kiss his soft, pink lips.

"We should do it, like, now!" The goofy boy smiled excitedly.

"Really?" Louis was uncertain. They haven't even talked it over with the landlord yet, and what about the mess it will make?

"C'mon, no better time like the present!" Harry smiles, propping himself up on Louis' legs. He jutts out his bottom lip and bats his eyes. Louis' heart melts, and he wonders if Harry is gay and maybe, just maybe, he's into him.

"Okay.."

So, they both load up into Louis' red camaro and take off.

"So, Louis, tell me about yourself." The boy says, noticing that he hasn't learnt anything about him yet.

{keep in mind this is an AU}

"Well, I have a sister named Gretchen. My moms name is Johannah, and I've never met my father. But, I love my mother and sister dearly." He keeps his blue eyes fixed intently on the road.

"I bet they're lovely. I mean, they have to be. They're related to you." Harry complements and the words seep into his core and make his insides rot. For a split moment he ponders launching himself out of the car door, but that wouldn't be any fun now would it. The crimson tinge burns on his cheeks the rest of the drive, and they share glances of adoration while singing along to a Birdy song.