29. I Dont Mind

So, I am left after her flamboyant outing. Making sure to tell everyone how she thought about the entire thing. Gemma really didn't blame her, I mean, she did... But... Their mother had always been very-how do you say-opinionated. The trio sat at the dinner table, Louis clutching onto Harry's hand with their life, Harry wanting to smash something or drink a keg of vodka and Gemma is really just wanting to fucking cry.

"It's 2000 fucking 15, people. People can rape, molest, murder and torture-but when they see a couple of the same-sex they flip shit? That's a load of rubbish." Gemma proclaimed. "Harry, I love you. I do. I will always take up for you, I always have. I need you to know that ever since you've left mom hasn't been the same, she barely eats, she barely talks, the only person she associates with is her therapist every Friday afternoon."

Harry grumbles from across the room, he doesn't know what to say, what to do, or how to feel. Who knew that loving someone could be such a big fucking deal. Jesus Christ, I'm gay not a fucking cannibal.

"and Louis, hell, I love you too. You seem fucking awesome, I can tell you care for my brother, I can tell you take care of him until your very last breath. That's something you don't get every day, that's something you don't see every day. It's freaking beautiful. I'll never understand why it's such a big deal. Because of God? Because it's "morally wrong?" Well, society is kind of redundant. Because is it not also morally wrong to have sex with someone outside of your marriage? Isn't that morally wrong to force someone to have sexual relations with you? Isn't it morally wrong to drink? Sure. Maybe. But everybody still fucking does it. Nobody gives them fucking shit about it. Sorry for the rant. Im mad."

"Listen, Gemma. I know because I am a homosexual man I will get judged in the eyes of the public, I've been gay since the day I was born. I know how criticism feels. I know how being banished to hell feels. I know how being publicly out it feels, taunted, Teased, bullied, Beaten up. None of this is new. None of this hurts me personally. The only thing that hurts me, is that the man I loves mother, isn't there for him and I know it hurts him. That's how it hurts me." Louis says, looking into Harry's glazed over emerald eyes. "I'm not mindful of people's criticism. I have everything I want, I have everything I need. That's all that matters to me."

"I love you." Harry says to his sentimental lover, he wraps his arms around his small frame and hugs him for several seconds. As they pulled away Harry places a tender kiss on to Louis' lips.

"I know."

-

Honestly things are working out. They are. Sort of. Harry isn't happy with his mother, but has he ever been? Gemma is back into his life. Louis is beside him in bed. And he can hear small, faded, incoherent beeps washing in from the city outside. They've built this castle inside a land of hatred. They've ended their war against themselves and have began reconstruction.

Harry wants to make his mother proud. He just doesn't see it happening. For once hes alright with it.