Twenty - Seven

When I woke up, there were strong arms around me, I quickly looked to the side the arms were coming from, Noah was peacefully sleeping.

He looks so much younger without his typical glare on his face, then he started stirring, did he feel me staring? He quickly took away his arms jumping up "Hey calm down" I said softly, he looked over at me panicking "Fuck" He breathed out.

"Sorry I fell asleep I-" He started explaining "Noah, you shouldn't be sorry for falling asleep, it is fine, I won't tell anyone I promise, no worries" I said getting up slowly, he cleared his throat.

I looked up at him, he was awkwardly scratching the back of his neck, is he nervous? "I'm going to the bathroom" He said and disappeared, awesome.

I got up and walked back to the living room that Noah yesterday broke entirely, only to see Mr. Smith cleaning "Let me help" I said quickly "Oh no, please" He smiled "Would you like breakfast?" He smiled, I nodded.

"Good morning" Noah said "Good morning" Mr. Smith said "How did you sleep?" Mr. Smith asked "I slept" Noah said quietly "Yeah, I didn't hear you screaming" He said taking a sip from his cup.

"Whatever" He mumbled "Let's go, you have to change still" He said, I nodded "Thanks for breakfast" I smiled and walked off with Noah "What are the nightmares about? Please, I will not tell anyone" I sighed.

"Please, I'm not ready" He softly said, I nodded "Thanks, for not being mean or pissed now" I chuckled getting in his car with him "I guess I just slept well" He chuckled, the rest of the drive was quiet, almost too quiet, when we got to my dorm, he waited outside for me to change.

I put on a shirt and just some jeans, brushed my hair and walked outside "We'll see each other later?" He asked, I nodded "Yeah, bye" I said with a small smile, not really wanting him to go.

He doesn't do girlfriends, he doesn't care, what more do you need for you to stop? My subconscious taunted me, I decided to ignore her and kept walking, hoping I'd run into someone I know so I could at least talk.

"Avaa!" Alex's voice sounded, I turned around "Hey! Long time no see" He chuckled "Yeah" I smiled at him "How are you?" He said walking along with me "Fine, how about you?" "Same old, same old" He laughed, I almost forgot what it was like to deal with a happy person. That's not right for me to say that, isn't it?

"Hey" Lucas said walking next to me now too "Hey Lucas" "Hey! Did you manage to talk to Noah about that thing you needed from him?" He asked "What did you need from Noah?" Alex panicked "Nothing, for God's Sake" I rolled my eyes.

"It's none of your business" Isa butted into the conversation, this isn't what I asked for, I asked for company, not noisy people.

"You don't like me, do you?" Lucas asked Isa "I don't like any of your group" Isa smiled kindly "Me neither" Alex added "Nobody asked you" Lucas rolled his eyes at Alex "Hey, stop it" I tried.

"I don't need anybody to ask me, I don't have to go kiss other people's asses to get some attention" Alex said "Dude, I don't need attention" Lucas laughed out "Sure you don't, that's why you're up Noah's ass that much" Alex said.

"Noah not my 'leader'" "Noah is a fucking son of a bitc-" "I said stop!" I yelled stopping turning to them "If you can't at least act that you are mature enough to talk, then just shut up, okay?" I said angrily and stormed off.

Why do they always have to end up fighting? Why do I feel the need to defend Noah? Well maybe because he wasn't there? It's unfair to attack someone who is not there to defend himself so... I guess that's why?

I sat down in class and let out a deep breath I didn't realize I was even holding in "You okay?" Noah whispered in my ear, I looked at him feeling my cheeks heat up "Yeah, just Lucas and Alex bickering..." I mumbled shrugging.

He groaned and said something under his breath "What?" I asked him "Huh?" He smirked, I groaned "I like you better when you are all snappy and stuff" I teased him "Oh you do? Do you like bad, mean boys?" He growled in my ear.

"Noah" I yelped pulling away so he wouldn't be so near to my ear "Gotcha" He smirked and sat up straight, waiting for the class to begin.

I like this Noah, this playful, nice Noah that I never thought I'd see, not even close, but hey I guess if everyone who knows him says he always has nightmares, maybe sleeping for one night helps?

I really hope so for him.