Chapter 65

The faint sound of whistling made it's way into Ella's eardrums, telling her that her body was slowly starting to wake up.

She was about to open her eyes, but heard the whistling grow closer. Ella knew that she was back in Brendon's house, but she had no idea where.

Of course, Ella wanted to know why Brendon knocked her out. It was like he didn't want her to know that she was coming right back to where she started.

The footsteps echoed throughout the room, causing Ella to slightly shake. They came closer and closer, then all the noise stopped. 

As Ella sat there, trying her best to stay calm, she felt a small wind hit her face. The familiar cologne found it's way to her nose, allowing her to get a whiff. 

"Ella, darling, I know you're awake. Open your eyes for me, baby." She slowly opened her eyes, the lights seemed as bright as the sun to her since she had been knocked out for who knows how long.

As her vision began to clear up, Ella could finally see Brendon kneeling in front of her, shadows covering his face.

 She looked around, seeing that they weren't in Brendon's house. From the way the walls looked, it seemed like they were in some sort of cabin.

"W-Where are we?" Brendon smirked, taking a look around as well. "We're alone now, Ella. We're...all alone." He had a joker smile playing on his lips, looking quite psychotic to Ella.

Brendon stood up, holding out a hand, so he could help her up. Reluctantly, Ella took it, stumbling when he pulled her up.

She fell onto Brendon, only to have his arms wrap around her waist. He tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, then bit his lip. "I'm sorry I knocked you out, darling. I...I just couldn't put up with your whining."

Ella looked at Brendon, thinking about how mentally insane he was. There was no possible way that she was annoying with her whining, which was quite fair.

He was the one who kidnapped her, then proceeded to kill the ones she loved. That's when one of her thoughts hit her. Where was her dad?

Brendon was still looking into her eyes, as if he were trying to figure out what she was thinking. Biting her lip, Ella looked Brendon in the eye, taking a shaky, deep breath. 

"What did you do to my dad? Where is he?" Brendon's smirk slowly faded away, his anger beginning to rise.

He licked his lips, then chuckled as he looked down at the floor. "He's with a partner of mine."

Ella tore herself away from his grasp, then glared daggers at him. "Who is he with?" Her anger slowly rose, knowing damn well that Brendon wasn't going to give her an answer.

Brendon's eyes narrowed and he moved a bit closer to her. "Why do you always ask about a man that was only in your fucking life for three goddamn years?! He was never there for you when you were growing up! Why care now?!"

Ella gasped, her back making contact with the wall. Brendon had pushed her quite hard, but he didn't seem to care anymore. 

"If I hear anything else about him, then you'll be pushing it. He'll be dead in minutes." Brendon pulled her into his chest again, playing with her hair.

"Like I said, darling, it's just us now, whether you like it or not."