Chapter 43

*Beep Beep Beep*

Luke slowly came to, looking around the bright, white room he was in. "W-What happened?" When his vision finally came back to him, he noticed that no one was in the room with him.

Luke looked to his side, noticing the heart monitor, and freaked out. Looking around the bed as if the world was going to end, Luke picked up the remote control, pressing the 'call for assistance' button'. 

In a span of five minutes, a nurse walked in the room, a bright smile on her face. "Hello, sir. You called for assistance?" He nodded slowly, still not processing what was going on.

"What happened to me? W-Where's my daughter?" The nurse sighed, walking over to the desk in the corner of the room, picking up the clipboard with all the information about the patient on it.

"Well, sir, it appears that you have been shot in the leg and in the lower abdomen. The doctor has already done surgery on you, so it says here that you're stable, but will need to be monitored."

Luke didn't believe that he was shot. At least, he didn't at first. All the memories came rushing back to him.

He then realized that if Ella wasn't here with him, Brendon had her. Throwing the covers off of his body, he swung his legs over the side of the bed. 

The nurse ran over to him, urging him to get back into bed. "Sir, please. You need all the rest you can get." He grabbed onto her arm tightly, a terrified look in his eyes.

"Call the police! Call the SWAT team! My daughter's been kidnapped by a maniac!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ella woke up in a dark room, her arms and legs tied down. Unlike all those cliche movies, she was in a bedroom and not tied down to a chair.

Tears rolled down her cheeks once she realized that her dad probably didn't make it out alive after that battle. 

Out of nowhere, a lighter ignited in the corner of the room, illuminating Brendon's face just a tiny bit. Ella gasped, her breath getting caught in her throat.

Brendon lit his cigarette, taking a quick puff afterwards. "Welcome back, princess. I've missed you very much."

As of right now, Ella was missing the time she spent with both her mom and dad. She hated how she had dragged her dad into this gigantic mess.

Brendon moved closer, pushing a strand of her golden hair out of her face. "Tell me, darling. Did you miss me? Cause I certainly missed you."

A wicked grin was plastered on his face and his face inched closer to hers, their lips locking two seconds after. 

Ella felt sick. The last thing she ever wanted was Brendon to kiss her. His lips tasted like cigarettes, not to mention he still held the lit cigarette in his hand. 

He soon broke the kiss, the vile smile returning soon after. "Oh, sweetheart. We're going to have so much fun together." Brendon laughed a wicked laugh.

This was the beginning of the end.