Chapter 34

After yesterday's little happening, Brendon had been leaving Ella alone, allowing her to tend to her woman things. 

As Ella sat on the couch, watching a couple episodes of Supernatural, the door bell rang. Out of nowhere, Brendon yelled, telling Ella to stay on the couch, and that he was going to get it.

Running down the stairs, Brendon blew his messy hair out of his face, briefly looking over at Ella. "Go and hide, would you? I don't want whoever is at the door to see that you're here."

Ella turned off the tv, then ran upstairs, not bothering to argue with Brendon. Even though he had been leaving her to do her own things, she didn't want to push him over his limits. 

Brendon combed his hair back with his fingers, then unlocked the door. As he took a deep breath, he opened the door, revealing Ella's dad.

"Hello-" He pushed his way past Brendon, taking a couple glances around the house. "Where the fuck is she?" Brendon furrowed his eyebrows, trying to sell his little act.

"Who?" Mr. Wilson chuckled, venom filling his laugh. "My daughter. I know she's here since you seemed to watch her real close the night of the Christmas party."

Brendon mentally hit himself. He didn't think that he was that obvious when watching Ella, but he was wrong. "I'm sorry to say this, sir, but I haven't seen your daughter since the night of the party. I thought she was up in her room."

Mr. Wilson squinted his eyes, as if he were trying to see what Brendon knew that he didn't. "I'm not giving up, Urie. I know for a damn fact that you have some part of her disappearance. I'm not letting you off the hook just yet. Would you mind if I searched this very house?"

Brendon chuckled, crossing his arms over his chest with confidence. "I'm afraid you can't do that, unless you're with the police force. Did you even bring a warrant?"

Mr. Wilson sighed, glaring daggers at Brendon. "No, I didn't, but I wouldn't worry if I were you. I'll be sure to let the police know that you have some little part of this."

Brendon smiled as Mr. Wilson walked out the door.

"Oh, I'd be glad if you would tell them. That way, I can tell them that you set me up."

And that's when the plan formed in his head. The plan to have Ella for himself forever.