Chapter 24

After lunch, Ella made her way towards Brendon's room, wanting to look out of his window. As much as she hated him with his guts, this was her only way of getting a glimpse of her house, which was just down the block.

Brendon was on his bed, scrolling through whatever app he had on his phone, but looked up when he saw Ella enter the room.

"Hey, there. You feeling ok?" She nodded, making her way over to the window sill, sitting down on the purple pillows.  

Brendon continued to watch her as she looked out the window, longing to go back home. He hated seeing her like this, since this made him feel terrible about what he did. 

"Hey, Brendon." He perked up, his eyes locking with her electric blue ones. "What do you think my mom is doing at this moment?"

His jaw clenched. Brendon was always asked these questions about her family, responding in a nice way. This time, though, anger laced his voice.

"I don't know. Maybe she's out looking for you." He sighed, shaking his head, looking back down at his phone.

This was one of the times where Brendon didn't understand why Ella wanted to go home so bad. He was treating her with respect and wasn't being harsh at all.

Then,  something clicked. Brendon smirked as an idea came to him. Maybe he was being too nice to her.

Throwing his head down on the bed next to him, he stood up, cracking his knuckles. Ella looked over, her eyes widening as she looked at Brendon's v lines. 

"Darling, it seems like you want to go home so bad, but in reality, you are home." Ella furrowed her eyebrows, confused at what Brendon was trying to tell her.

"W-What do you mean?" Brendon chuckled, caressing her cheek with the side of his hand.

"I've been nothing but nice to you, yet you're acting like I'm the monster. How could I hurt a precious soul like you, baby?"

He lifted her chin up, so she was looking at him. 

"Maybe, I have to be a little more stern with you, baby. I need you to realize that this is your home now, and not that house down the damn street."