Chapter 73

The clouds were dark, rain beginning to fall. Brendon and Ella were making their way back home after their exhausting day. 

Little did Brendon and Ella know, there was someone following them back home. The car was quiet, the music playing softly to the point where you could only hear the beat.

Brendon looked in his side mirror, furrowing his eyebrows when he saw that same copper-colored sedan still following them. He looked over at Ella, who had her head resting on the window.

"Are you ok, sweetheart?" She shrugged, feeling like she was lost and alone. "I guess, so. I mean, I never thought I would see the day that this would happen."

Brendon nodded, placing a hand on her thigh reassuringly. He liked that Ella still had that child-like innocence, thinking that her parents would never die.

Soon, they were back at home, the stress and sadness lifted from them. As Brendon placed the car in park, he sighed, then looked over at Ella.

"Hey, are you sure that you feel alright? I know losing someone you love can be...rough." Ella looked over at Brendon, nodding her head slowly.

"Yeah, I'll be ok." He gave her a small smile, then took off his seatbelt and got out of the car. Ella followed suit, looking around once she was out of the car.

Something seemed off and it seemed like both Brendon and Ella could sense it. As Brendon unlocked the door, he allowed Ella to go in first.

He took notice to the copper-colored car just across the street. Brendon looked at it for quite some time, trying to look through the tinted windows to see if there was a person in the car.

'Just go inside, Brendon. Grab a knife and tell Ella to go upstairs. You can't risk her getting hurt.'

He snapped out of his thoughts, then closed the door behind him as he walked inside the house. Ella was sitting on the couch, picking at her nail polish.

"Ella, darling. I need you to go upstairs for me and don't come out until I say that it's ok." She furrowed her eyebrows, but then realized that she couldn't defy Brendon.

Brendon watched as she got up and began to walk towards the stairs. His mind continued to think about her, begging for him to kiss her or something.

As she walked past him, Brendon grabbed her arm, spinning her around, so she was facing him. "You know that I love you and that I would do anything for you, right?" 

He caressed her cheek with the side of his hand, then pulled her into a passionate kiss. She gasped, allowing Brendon's tongue to slip into her mouth.

It was weird, especially since Ella had never really experienced anything like this before. The kiss went on for about two more seconds before Brendon heard a car door shut.

His eyes widened as he looked at Ella. "Get upstairs, now!" Ella did as she was asked and ran upstairs, trying to find somewhere to hide.

Brendon looked out the window, then quickly made his way into the kitchen, grabbing one of his knives. It was quiet, too quiet.

He slowly made his way out of the kitchen, hearing a couple knocks sound on the front door. Brendon didn't plan on opening it since he had a feeling that the person there was going to try to harm Ella.

A couple more knocks sounded and Brendon just positioned himself in the corner, then unlocked the door.

Without any hesitation, the person opened the door, looking around for Brendon. The door blocked the person from seeing Brendon, which made his plan work.