Chapter 23

Ella sat alone in her room, thinking about what Brendon had said to her last."I'm afraid that my body can't control what it craves."

Ella shivered, wrapping the blankets around her tightly. Even though she knew that she should be scared, she wasn't as scared as she should've been. As she laid in bed, she could her Brendon making all kinds of noise downstairs.

But soon, all the noise stopped, and Ella's heartbeat rose in her chest. Footsteps made their way upstairs, towards her room. Once they stopped, Ella's ears started to ring. Her vision began to fade in and out. 

Why? She had no idea. The door opened, revealing a very stressed looking Brendon. He looked at Ella for a second, then noticed that she was having a panic attack.

"Ella, sweetheart, what's the matter?" He ran to her side, grabbing her smaller hands in his. She looked over at him, clutching her head with her free hand. "I-I don't feel so good."

Brendon shook his head, looking at the floor. "No, sweetie, you're having a panic attack. I need you to calm down for me. Focus on my breathing, my chest rising up and down."

Ella hesitantly nodded, then looked at Brendon's chest, watching it rise up and down. After a few minutes of doing this, Ella's breathing began to go back to normal.

Brendon ran a hand through his hair, then sat down at the foot of her bed. "Are you feeling a bit better, Ella?" She slowly nodded, playing with her thumbs. 

"W-Why were you nervous, if you don't mind me asking?" Ella sighed, then looked into the chocolate eyes that made her melt.

"I-I was afraid when you came upstairs. I t-thought you were going to do s-something to me."

Brendon groaned, rubbing his forehead. "I was afraid that you were going to say that." He stood up, then sighed. "I'll start making lunch. Just, uh, come down when you're ready."