Chapter 44

It had been one week since Brendon took back Ella. Of course, in movies, something bad would be happening to Ella, but this isn't a movie.

 Brendon was on his bed, reading 'It' by Stephen King, his glasses starting to slide off his nose. Ella was beside him. His left hand held the book, while his right hand played with her golden hair.

Ella hated every second of it. All she wanted was to see her dad again. Since she was unconcious when she was taken, she never knew if her dad made it or not.

Plus, Brendon won't mention anything about it, nor tell Ella anything. He didn't want her to know that he was the one who called the paramedics for him.

He didn't want Ella to know that Luke was still alive. If Brendon was playing his cards right, he knew that Luke would be up by now, obviously demanding to know where his daughter is.

Closing the book with force, Brendon set it down on the bedside table, taking a deep breath. He looked over at Ella, a soft smile tugging at his lip. 

Ella had been inspecting her nails, since she really had nothing better to do. It wasn't like Brendon had a tv in his room. 

"How you feeling, baby?" His voice scared her. It sounded like Brendon had just woke up, all deep and gravelly. 

Ella took a deep breath, still not looking into Brendon's eyes. "I, uh, feel good." Brendon smiled, knowing that if she had defied him once again, she would recieve punishment.

She had already learned her lesson earlier that week. Brendon had told her to come sit by him, yet she stood in the middle of the living room, looking at hi with fear in her eyes.

Let's just say that Ella now had a couple marks on her back from the belt Brendon had hit her with. Anyway, Brendon continued to run his hand through her hair, feeling like everything was completely right in the world.

 Flipping over to lay on his side, Brendon faced Ella, who was now making eye contact with him. He bit his lip, bringing her closer. 

"I love you so much, baby. I promise that nothing will ever get in our way. Never again."