Chapter 9

As Brendon continued to hold Ella in the middle of her bedroom, he started thinking of ways he could get out of here with her, without being caught. He took a quick look around the room a couple times, then quickly placed Ella on her bed, under the covers, when he heard someone coming up the stairs. Brendon quickly moved towards the door, leaning up against the door frame, so he didn't seem suspicious. Ella's dad walked up the stairs, furrowing his eyebrows when he saw Brendon standing in his daughter's door to her room. "Oh, hello-" Brendon looked over at him. "Brendon." Ella's dad gave him a curt nod. "Hello, Brendon. I was just coming up here to check on Ella. Is everything alright?" Brendon nodded, looking into her dad's eyes for the first time. "I was just coming up here to use the bathroom and heard Ella talking in her sleep. I just wanted to see if she was ok." Ella's dad slowly nodded his head, not fully believing Brendon. "Well, I'm glad you care about my daughter, but she's only seventeen. You look like you're twenty-three." Brendon chuckled. "You're correct, sir." Ella's dad lowly chuckled. "Listen, I know that you might have good intentions, but stay away from my daughter, ok? At least, wait until she's eighteen, when she can make her own decisions." And with that, Ella's dad started walking back downstairs, but Brendon stopped him. "Excuse me, sir." He turned around, looking into Brendon's eyes with a harsh stare. "I never caught your name." Ella's dad smirked. "The name's Luke Jones, but to you, its Mr. Jones." That cut the conversation, leaving Brendon to take a look at Ella. She was still unconscious, but Brendon started having second thoughts about his plan. He knew that while Mr. Jones was here, he was never going to successfully get Ella out of here without him on his back.  "Until next time, darling." And with that, he turned off her bedroom lights, then closed the door behind him quietly.